306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: sheared wishbone bolt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a reaally dumb question but I went to check over the car today and found one of the p bush bolts wouldn't torque up, it felt like it was sprung so I would try to tighten it but it would just go back the original position again. Same would happen if I tried to loosen it so I decided to leave it be.

[Image: 31yKuQcbHBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

It's the one that goes into the rubber so is this anything to worry about?
Needs to be bolted in really and it shouldn't be spinning. Should do up nice and tight. Worst case is a new wishbone is about 25 quid
I've got some new p-bushes can post for a tenner if you need.
NiallHarper Wrote:Needs to be bolted in really and it shouldn't be spinning. Should do up nice and tight. Worst case is a new wishbone is about 25 quid

Not really, worst case scenario is it's sheared inside the bush and can't be extracted. Then it's a whole subframe replacement job. Happened to me 6 months ago when investigating a knock, couldn't get the bolt out!
Why would you need to replace subframe for that bolt?!
Just undo the other one and take the wishbone off?
Doh, I was talking about the forward bush
cwspellowe Wrote:Doh, I was talking about the forward bush

Even if it's sheared In the subframe, iirc the front nut isn't actually welded to the subframe. It's held in place by a clip I think so you could just remove the t and put a new one In. Might be getting mixed up with the 106 though lol
Some subframes it's clipped, early ones are slide in square nuts.
Mine's a slide in square nut at the front on a '98.