306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: anyone used an arch roller?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay so my wheels have arrived and while I am refurbing and sorting tyres I need to consider how I'm gonna get them to fit lol.

There is an arch roller and heatgun to rent local, has anyone had any experience using one? I'd like to keep the arches in the best condition possible
3 or 5 door? Makes a big difference
5 door, guessing that makes it harder
Just out of curiosity whats the spec of the wheel and whats thenride height? Make sure the arch is nice and clean as when yoh roll it if theres lumps of dirt stuck on the lip they will result in lumps. You will want to warm the paint to help stop it from cracking, its not a guarantee, then just take your time doing it bit by bit and keeping it as even as possible. This is what i know from doing it to mine with a few bits of pipe, lots of hammers, and some wood. Still had to get it done properly after (surprise, surprise).
they are 8j et -12 so not quite as much poke as you. ride height is only ~-60mm atm but would want it lower i would say. probably go for 185 tyres too
Have a look at this guy did some very nice work when i had the BMW worth a try at least? its a professional job

http://www.archenemy.co.uk/
Kris has rolled my rear arches with very little issue.
thats encouraging mark. I know et-12 is a lot of poke but seeing PE02KHG's at et-20 it can clearly be achieved.
Mine are et5 on the rear and et0 at the front I will try and get pics for you.

I can't remember how wide my borbets are, but must be wider than my old arianes.
I think ill be okay. The worry I had though is if its me doing it I could mess it up
Just a few quick ones.

Front:
[Image: 3D4B1748-8ED1-4AD6-A43C-C2729B741F89-426...2b55b3.jpg]

Rear:
[Image: 15DC7715-6AC9-40E0-B50C-BB4C0C2E5F15-426...3cde51.jpg]
[Image: 9C33A465-5AA1-4FAA-9327-7E45B79E3DF3-426...42cb69.jpg]

Will see if I can get better ones later.
Cheers mate I guess it all depends how low I want to go on them
If you can get away with just rolling the top then you'll be fine. If you need to do down past the door id advise getting some one whos done it befor to give you a hand. Smile
Just clear all the mud and crap from the arch before you start.

Have an idea of how far you want to come out and from what height
I had issues with my door shuts, had to have them cut and re welded. The corner of the door flaired aswell. Hope you can tell from these (it seriously needs a clean, another problem with wide wheels)...
[Image: A12A19A2-11AD-41B3-AD55-2856E0105433-980...8bcf30.jpg]
[Image: 58F1BAB0-29ED-46AA-B3B8-13224E8F5DDF-980...004889.jpg]
[Image: CC8E6DAA-EC68-46CB-8368-B3388B4BE937-980...ac7ff0.jpg]
[Image: 4E7D3372-C845-40A2-9C61-6DBB11D00B99-980...498231.jpg]
Well I can imagine it will be less extreme than PEO2KHG as im higher et and not as low lol. Could I run an even more stretched tyre? 175?
Ian your roll looks really smart looks more wide arch rather than lipped like marks, who done yours?
Its all down to how you use the roller as t exactly what you get weather its just rolling the lip, adding a tiny flare at the bottom or pushing the whole arch out by miles.

I own an arch roller but it lives with Kris so ive got a fair bit of experience using it.

I went a bit mad with my BMW and ruined the arches, not sure if ive got pics but tried getting a good 2 inches more out of the arches for the huge wheels i had.
I think I will rent this equipment its only 20 quid for a week. any tips on setting it up?
Fancy doing my dt so i can get 20mm spacers behinde clones ninja
(05-03-2013, 08:07 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Fancy doing my dt so i can get 20mm spacers behinde clones ninja

I have 20mm on my clones

How low is your car
Lol, arch rolling.

Angle grinder ftw.
Where exactly do I grind mate? lol
ALL OF IT lmao

ET-45 like a bawse
(05-03-2013, 08:22 PM)Tyronnster Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2013, 08:07 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Fancy doing my dt so i can get 20mm spacers behinde clones ninja

I have 20mm on my clones

How low is your car

This low!

Well the back isnt as iv shopped this pic, but it will be next weekend

[attachment=5511]

If your chris you cut all of this off

[attachment=5512]
And the rest, still rubbed with that removed lmao
Don't want extended arches mate though, and without them it would look awful
(05-03-2013, 06:59 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Ian your roll looks really smart looks more wide arch rather than lipped like marks, who done yours?

A local body shop by me, my mates boss brother. Cost a few hundred but had a massive dent taken out the back door, arches rolled flaired and pulled, door shuts cut pulled and re welded, repray the rear quarters and doors.

Apparently my rear window was creaking with the amount he had to pull the panel out by.
I couldnt afford a few hundred for it so I may just go with the roller myself lol. Cant wait to get the stance though
Yeah, was alot of work and not straight foward but once the wheels were on i had to get them to fit one way or another.
Pages: 1 2