306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Strange noises!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My 306 is being abit too french for my liking.
First strange noise; whenever i go over a speedbump it makes a squeaky wierd noise, cant be anything important because it passed its mot while making that noise.
Noise two: when the car is running after just bein started, if i drive up a hill it makes a strange water bubbling/moving noise behind the dash.
Noise three: sometimes a relay somewhere clicks like mad by itself.
whats are these noises?
HELP
Relay clicking is likely to be the indicator stalk.. Next time its clicking try wiggling the stalk gently and it may stop, its a common problem
1st - Wheres the noise coming from? Front or rear?

2nd - Probably a bit low on coolant or airlocked, and is just the water moving through the heater pipes.

3rd - As rocker said, probably indicator stalk.
'Squeaky weird noise' could be a number of things. Check all your bushes are intact, that your TRE and your drop link boots are intact (although unlikely to squeak, it is worth doing whilst you're there) give the engine a wobble and see if it is anything engine mount related. Grab the wheels whilst its parked and wobble them at 9-3 and 12-6 (or as close as possible) and see if it recreates the noise.

Bubbling from behind the dash is most likely an air lock. Failing that, you have dwarf smoking a sheisha.

Smile
at first i thought rear but the more it happens the more i think front, no idea what it could be cause all the bushes on the front are spot on.
Ah that might be it! cause i changed the coolant last month! how do i get the airlock out cause ive tried using the bleed valve
and third one adds up, dont have to worry about that then, cheers
What engine do you have? There is more than one bleed valve...
the shitty 1.4
Not to sure about 1.4's never worked on them.

Worth checking - XU's have them on the thermostat housing, top of the rad, and where the pipes go through the bulkhead Smile