306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 106 NAD, spotty? turbo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is a very boring project...but it should get more lively after my project has been all but done....

bought me wife a 106 nad...she had a clio, shocking thing...

[Image: 20130304_145638_zpsbfefe90a.jpg]

Its on a lucas (booooo) but has done 116k miles, its the XR with elleccy stuff and PAS etc and I got it for £350. with tax and 10 months MOT.

Took a day and some parts to get it up to scratch, cambelt, service, driveshaft, brake service etc...and the body work is tatty but I was pleased.

Jobs to do...rear beam (WANTED: 106 rear beam in good nick!!!)
Better brakes

The end result is threefold...
run on veg oil
go like a stabbed rat
have a vinyl job based on this:

[Image: 20130304_145942_zpsc9a95060.jpg]

So once I have reshelled and done the 2.1...there will be spare 1.9 well serviced XUDturbo with bosch pump spare plus 247mm brakes etc.
All I will need to do is front mount the inter', get 14" wheels and sort the front suspension.

Still working on the stripey idea...it will happen though. Itwasntme
Got some hdi brakes in my clear out thread if you want?
a paul smith inspired vinyl wrap would be pretty cool actually. put some 13" deep dish minilights on it :p
thanks...the hdi brakes be too big ....on 106oc they say the 247mm brakes do indeed fit under 13s (they sre currently 247 just solid with small calipers)...so will just buy better rubber...wana keep wheels as they are ideally.

wraps are soooo expensive though so have my own idea in mind
Shame its 5 door never been a fan of 5 door 106's, Should be a good project tho. I hopefuly will be on the look out for a 106 with in next few months will be looking for a 3 door tho so i can gti rep it
1.9 dtub 106. Been there done that. 106 gti rep. Done that too. Lol it's alot of work but ALOT of fun
(05-03-2013, 09:20 AM)Diggers Wrote: [ -> ]1.9 dtub 106. Been there done that. 106 gti rep. Done that too. Lol it's alot of work but ALOT of fun

your old one is the whole reason why i want to do it lol
106 dtub...yes should be fun!

my only hangup is the shafts...gota get round that somehow
Sleeve and weld. Job jobbed
that's only solution so far....what is used as a decent sleeve?!
lmao WINNING
(05-03-2013, 12:04 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]106 dtub...yes should be fun!

my only hangup is the shafts...gota get round that somehow

Im sure there will be a company some were that will make some drive shafts for it, im sure i read some were that if its an early 306 box then the 205 1.8 d turbo drive shafts fit, but i might be wrong
Hmm tinfoil for the sleeve?
I was thinking those exhaust repair bandages???
(05-03-2013, 04:41 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking those exhaust repair bandages???

You better be joking lol
no?! They are metal and come with TWO jubilees?!?!

I dont get what would be wrong about that?

Angel
(06-03-2013, 07:51 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]no?! They are metal and come with TWO jubilees?!?!

I dont get what would be wrong about that?

Angel

Use mikalors or you may end up having bits of driveshaft impaling your knob.
ah good call!
ok...so long time gone by and nothing has happened really.

Mrs wants to not have it off road or mad bhp with the xud as she starting to save up for a mini. (classic)

but most recently she been getting very bored of it...so got some ninja plans for it...ninja to the mrs anyway.

im collecting bits to do a long day transformation on it.

I dropped the idea of a spotty car, as she loves polka dot and stripey would be a pita to do...and she liked that.

So idea is 14" alloys (mainly for the brakes to fit), 266 brakes, gti suspension, turbo the nad, polka dot the body work!

So far...266s have been sorted, but yet to be fitted, a kp35 turbo and new oil line ready to go, need some piping for the boost side and most importantly a bosch pump...so I can run veg and have boost/fuel control.

Idea is nothing mad, just maybe around 80-85bhp. can use brentacre then too and get it cheaper than now! keeping it simple, kp35 will fit down back of engine, no IC, just straight in the inlet for min lag. target is 1500rpm full spool.

got wheels sorted....needed a pair of tyres for the tiny 13s anyway...and managing to barter some black 106 gti raptors with wheel bolts and lockers with a set of near new tyres for £50!!!
Is this so she doesn't feel left out with you breaking down? Big Grin
TD04 and 11mm I say - screw the KP-nuts whatever turbo!
haha.
Have you seen samass' 106...it didnt cope so well at double stock power.
so reliable but pokey is the plan
I'm only kidding. Should be great fun even on a baby turbo + 9mm bosch!
Tu5j4 conversion would be so much more win. Ultimate sleeper in a 5 door. Not too bad on fuel if you take it steady and will be far better than any tud mod. Plus reliable

Do it, put the engine it deserves in :-P
(15-10-2013, 02:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]haha.
Have you seen samass' 106...it didnt cope so well at double stock power.
so reliable but pokey is the plan
It did, it just didnt cope well with samass owning it
Without more work I really dont think these will last at double stock power. And neither do I trust the mrs.

My goal on this is to try and retain is epic mpgs but gain 25-30bhp and a similar gain in torque.

although Im not sure it will retain our recent achievement of 76mpg!

oh and I really want to get it to fully spool up by 1500rpm
You might want to look and see if you can find a lower flowing fuel pump as IIRC samass had issues getting the fuel turned down enough when he first fitted the bosch for it not to coal on idle.
What about using a 205 1.8 td pump or dare I say it a lucas 1.9 one I'd imagen it won't run as much fuel as a bosch
205 1.8 td aint a bad shout
(15-10-2013, 07:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]205 1.8 td aint a bad shout

May as well drop in a xud9 then, exactly the same size and fitting issues
Pages: 1 2