306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fresh meat on the scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey whats up, my name is West! I'm not new to forums, I've lost count of how many I've joined up with over the years from ghettoblasters to CoD Zombies forums I've been there and done it.

The reason I'm here is because I'm looking to buy a 306 within the next month and this forum seems pretty active so I'm hoping you can give me some advice and point me in the right direction with tuning and styling. I'm quite familiar with 306's my friends have owned XSI's, Rallye's and D Turbo's, sadly they have all moved on to the German scene now, so its my turn to fly the French flag.

Also I do alot of DJ'ing around the country so if you want some banging sets to test your cars audio, drop me a line.

Safe safe, West.
Welcome along, any idea what you're going to go for yet?
Welcome along
Welcome along man.
What do you reckon you'll go for?
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm looking into getting a dirty diesel. Its either going to be a 1999 D Turbo or a 2000/2001 HDI and picking between these two models is tough that's why I'm here to weigh up the pro's and con's of both models. First and foremost I want something that's going to be reliable, tuning can come after if i find a 306 worthy. I was originally looking at 5 doors but now I'm just thinking, nah i need a 3 door but finding a nice straight clean 3 door is proving difficult.
Depends on your definition of reliable.

An XUD can generally be fixed/bodged on the roadside with just a few basic tools, and you'll find that generally you have a few "breakdowns" every so often, especially if you've modified it, but it's usually nothing serious.

A HDi on the other hand, if something goes wrong it's likely to be a sensor or something that's not right, often this is a PITA to diagnose at the roadside, even if it's a simple fix. The plus side is, if you get a well maintained one, they don't break that often.
My old hdi went 20k miles without a problem.
(03-03-2013, 06:25 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on your definition of reliable.

An XUD can generally be fixed/bodged on the roadside with just a few basic tools, and you'll find that generally you have a few "breakdowns" every so often, especially if you've modified it, but it's usually nothing serious.

A HDi on the other hand, if something goes wrong it's likely to be a sensor or something that's not right, often this is a PITA to diagnose at the roadside, even if it's a simple fix. The plus side is, if you get a well maintained one, they don't break that often.

Thanks for the heads up, my definition of reliable would be a car that would get me to work and back everyday with ease and some long runs around the country on the weekend. Two of my friends have had XUD D Turbos in the past. One of them decided to set fire to itself outside his house ending in a write off. The other had the cam belt snap on the M4 and and left parts of the engine and oil over three lanes of motorway!

I'm kind of swinging more towards getting a HDi at the moment, I've been looking for one with mileage around the 100K mark if not less and hopefully it'll be one that has been maintained well.
Welcome along mate

Xud FTW
Gti6 and Rallye FTW!!! Tongue

Welcome btw Smile
I would say Hdi, the only problems I've ever had with mine has been self caused - see biodiesel + blocked fuel filter

Also £120 year tax
welcome!
welcome along dude either way u carnt go wrong lol
Safe people. Still no nice HDi's on the scene, been browsing eBay, Gumtree and Autotrader but I have patience though.
Welcome along
Don't know where you're based but this one looks reasonably tidy, few niggles but that's it. Oh and it's 5 door.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/u...sh/1136895
Mmm, Saville Gold i believe that's called
Could be worse. Could be Blaze..
(04-03-2013, 07:50 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Could be worse. Could be Blaze..

Or diablo red.
(05-03-2013, 09:34 AM)West Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2013, 07:50 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Could be worse. Could be Blaze..

Or diablo red.

Hey feck you man! Tongue
lmao
Wazzon - get a XUD, everyone should experience the savings of SVO at least once in their life time!
(04-03-2013, 07:43 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know where you're based but this one looks reasonably tidy, few niggles but that's it. Oh and it's 5 door.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/u...sh/1136895

Yeah not all that keen on that thanks anyway, I'm based in Gloucestershire by the way. Had my eye in this one for a while its on eBay and due to end today:

http://www.ivybridgetradecentre.co.uk/us...5501020210

The interior is on the only thing putting me off, its pretty dreary!
Nice!!! Pov spec hdi
(06-03-2013, 10:35 AM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!!! Pov spec hdi

POV? What's that, poverty spec?
You guessed it.
Saville Gold is that a good thing ? saying there trying to eradicate savvile from the face of the earth Dodgy

welcome to the forum mate
(06-03-2013, 12:13 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]You guessed it.

^^^^ what trent said
So POV spec isn't a good look then? It didn't sell on eBay after, its been re-listed already.
No its the bottom of the barrel spec for a ph3 hence the gash non bolster seats.
Pages: 1 2