306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Number plate fixings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not wanting to put holes in my plate and screw it on or use a surround.

Other than double sided tape is there any other 'clean' looking way to fix it that you have used?

Cheers

Ian
I used no more nails sticky pads for my pressed plates mate, not going anywhere
I used double sided foam on mine. They have it behind the counter area at halfords! used to get it in reels from Focus but obviously that doesnt exist now. Did find some in B&Q though! Its fine on teh back but the front falls off because of the bend so you may need to pre bend your plates

Also in the hot weather they fell off and Mr Policeman wasnt happy about them being in the window so told me to put them on again!

since then i have gone for the plate holders. Also means you can swap your plates for shows etc!
Ive just got some halfords tape for now. If it fails ill find somethin else. Cheers
I used pads and my front plate has been hanging off for the last 3 months now...........either that means its shit cos half didnt stick, or its awesome cos it hasnt completely fallen off and hold with just one or two pads.... lol
I used halfords trim tape on mine stayed there for 5 years
velcro

ninja
I used double sided foam for mine, stayed on there for ~18 months. Had to use the hairdryer and a knife to remove them when I binned the bumpers last week.
tigerseal

/thread
I'll add that mine were pressed plates, so easy to bend along the curvature of the front bumper.
Generic number plate sticky pads from ebay
welder direct onto the bonnet?
Adhesive vinyl number plate on the bonnet - covers stone chips and you can then have a smooth front bumper