306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: How simple is a head unit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im no good with electronics, but ive had an idea. How simple could you make a head unit?

I dont use the radio an barely ever use my CDs is only really the aux input on my headunit so i was wondering if a custom one could be made.

Ideally with a usb input so it would charge at the same time but an aux input would be nearly as good. An then just a volume control, maybe an on/off switch.

Is this posible? How small could it be? How tucked away could i get it? Could i just have a single dial on show somewhere for it?

I know theres not really any gain to doing this but its one of those random ideas i get and i think it could be cool.

Im thinking of replacing my top glove box with a custom ipad holder so maybe i could just put the controls in the edge of that.

Anyone on here with an answer to any of my questions would be sparking some creativity.

Thanks

Ian
If your no good with electronics then I'd leave it bud!

Could just hide a h/u in the top box and use that
my question is why when you can get all you are wanting from a reasonably priced second hand unit...

anyway...

have a search on the ebay for motorbike stereo amps...
they come in either 6or12volt and basically have a aux and ipod input or whatever you need and then simple speaker outputs.
they are small and light too, obviously

maybe what you want?!
But what about amplification? Iam sure the bike ones would only run headphones wouldn't they?
yeah some do and some with run speakers

or you attach it to an amp...second hand amp for £10...done
Theres nothing wrong with my headunit, and im not looking to replace it really, as i said its just one of those ideas i had that could be something worth trying out.

(19-02-2013, 03:36 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]my question is why when you can get all you are wanting from a reasonably priced second hand unit...

anyway...

have a search on the ebay for motorbike stereo amps...
they come in either 6or12volt and basically have a aux and ipod input or whatever you need and then simple speaker outputs.
they are small and light too, obviously

maybe what you want?!

This sounds like a winner to me, do you know how well they would connect up to the orignal block, like right output for the speakers and amp etc?
they wouldnt but the wiring is dead simple
Cheers for the help, ill be doing some research on it, mind if i pm you if i get stuck?
[Image: vincentb_cdromstereo.jpg]