306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Forged engine build, to go in the 3 door project car. Parts and advice needed guys.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Definitely good to see two of my old cars still on the forum and not scrapped and dead. This is looking good!
Lol the only thing about this car, that is still from your car is the doors and chassis. Yea I know it's the biggest bit but a lot has changed.

Fuel tank, all the suspension, all the other panels, interior, most of the electrics, soon the engine. Hopefully will get a little further along on Saturday.
So bit of a random day, first went to pug performance, to pick up a steering wheel boss, and window regulator. Then over to kris's who had been injured at work yesterday so one man down already.

Swapped over the rear tailgate, and fuel tank then built up the interior.

[Image: 43CDD759-F527-4251-AAD3-667762489F4F-520...ec1d24.jpg]
[Image: 1D6AA78C-B1A6-47A0-A7B0-5EDD4E1C1D26-520...e0edb1.jpg]
[Image: 98BF1C75-A066-4DC1-B7CB-1D01FDF81E05-520...650fc6.jpg]

Now away for two weeks so hopefully kris will get some more done in that time.
Looking good mark Smile. Is kris ok, nothing serious I hope?
Na not too serious. Just could not do much today. Me and rich got these bits sorted and a few things to get his rallye back up to scratch.
those phase 2 dash clocks look really out of place in your flocked dash. needs something to suit the rest of the car
They will do for now. The only choice is metal monkey or plasma dials.
White dials would look nice and fresh, will go with the other light bits on the dash Smile. I've a set for sale..£10 [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
looking more like a car again
Any recent exterior pics mark?
Front seats fitted feels so nice to have these in and to be say in it.

[Image: C85C5132-810C-4D31-AFF0-BEE7B177FB21-195...06a2c6.jpg]

Sump, power steering and alternator swapped over. Just need to make a better turbo bracket and wire up the engine then plonk it in place.

Thanks to Tom and phil, and thanks to Tom for letting me drive his car home, missed the 306 and driving.
Looking good mark Smile
Phils contribution of the day lol.
(15-09-2013, 03:06 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]Phils contribution of the day lol.

At least my contribution didn't cause us to be trying to get a sump off for 10 mins because you forgot a bolt by the flywheel

Oh and my second contribution that led to us with a. Big pry bar, hammer , blowtorch and lots of swearing trying to get a sump off again forgetting 2 bolts....

:-P
Although saying that, thanks phil I needed to see the turbo from that side at this moment.
I do have more from different angles and closer if you want me to upload?
looking good chap...not sure on the white/silver flock...only because it doesnt seem to fit in with the rest of the colour scheme...

but love the seats!

When you hoping to get this engine in?
Na that one is perfect. Looking for a turbo elbow but only found new ones which are like £90.

Hopefully next weekend, can only work on it on the weekends, I am more worried about the brown engine.
Why is your engine and gearbox brown??
Ask the last owner.
it looks like you already have had a coolant hose blow with a rusty rad making all the coolant dog doodoo colour!
Maybe that's why he painted it that colour. Who knows.
So now there is something to look at.

[Image: null_zpsa611752f.jpg]

[Image: null_zps6df76cbf.jpg]

Engine is in, wiring all plugged up, need to fit the driveshafts, and plumb up all the water works. Need to have a close look at the turbo relocation pipe as it's hitting the bulkhead and thus making the turbo to close to the engine. Then it's figure out where to route the exhaust.
Looking good dude!
Cracking on well mark, when do you hope to drive it??
I have given up on making a date. Smile
(29-09-2013, 04:17 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]I have given up on making a date. Smile

lmao

I guess the white dials arrived ok?
Yea still in my house.
(29-09-2013, 04:40 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]Yea still in my house.

Cool, I guessed they may have been received as I didn't get a pm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13