306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Silky's Bianca White Rallye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had plenty of 306's in the last 14yrs or so, but never a Rallye. Up until September of last year I was running about in a Clio 172, however I fancied a change. After a bit of looking about on here and exchanging PM's and Phonecalls I ended up swapping my 172 for Wilyoldave's Bianca Rallye.

110k mileage, totally standard throughout apart from P3 Crystals with Peugeot headlight protectors, clear side repeaters, a longlife cat-back system and an Alpine HU.
As soon as I got the car it went into the garage for Cambelt/Waterpump/Tensioners/Aux belt. I have since covered a few hundred miles in the last 3 to 4 months or so.

Just recently I've fitted a new battery and picked up some winter wheels from Anth (Cyclones with Kumho winter tyres). Some may say overkill at the moment due to weather being mild, but the main use of the car is weekend mornings on the way to golf. I can be leaving my house at 6am onwards and driving on very slippery country lanes, most of the time the temperature is less than 5 degrees. So these will stay on the car for the next 4-6 weeks or so.

I also have a near new set of Michelin PE2's in the garage which will be used once winter wheels are off, just need to buy some refurbed anthracite cyclones.

Over the weekend I noticed that the front calipers have seized, or seizing to the point where the front wheels do not freely spin. I'm going to replace these with some refurbed units along with fitting braided hoses. The pads and discs were recently changed so these will stay for now. Going to also fit some gear rods from Miles and change the gear oil.

Other plans are to give the car a good clean and polish. The rear end seems yellowy, but a quick clean and polish on a small area at the weekend showed promise, so more to be done here. Then it's a case of replacing the red stickers with some grey ones.

The pics below are from Dave's ownership, I have not taken many myself as I've not really used the car.

[Image: P1050413.jpg]
[Image: P1050383.jpg]
[Image: P1050405.jpg]

The Rallye went into the garage recently for the following

Refurbished Front Calipers
Front Braided Hoses
Refurbished Rear Caliper Brackets
Pug Racing Uprated Gear Linkage Rods
2 Litres Peugeot BV 75w80 Gearbox Oil
Standard Exhaust Centre Section and Back Box (to replace the Longlife Stainless)

Morettes:

So I had P3 Crystals on but thought I'd give these a go. Indicator unit nearside isn't very good and needs a connector block sorting for it. The unit itself has some slight cracking and ideally they'd be best suited to a track car rather than a day to day car, anyway here are the pics

Before and After

[Image: Rallye1702115.png]

[Image: Rallye1702116.png]

[Image: Rallye1702113.jpg]

[Image: Rallye1702112.jpg]

Next up was the strutbrace and some longer bolts, was a bit fiddly in getting the length of the brace right and then bolting it down but all come good in the end

[Image: Rallye1702103.jpg]

[Image: Rallye1702104.jpg]

Next up will be the wheels, got these off of Rich E on here, nicely fresh powdercoated Anthracite Cyclones and Michelin Pe2's

[Image: Rallye1702008.jpg]

[Image: Rallye1702099.jpg]

[Image: Rallye1702098.jpg]

Should look nice in front of my recently refurbed brake calipers

[Image: Rallye1702037.jpg]

Next up, the car needs a clean. A proper paint renovation and polish. I have limited skills but will have a go. Plus the engine bay needs cleaning too

Also on the list is suspension re-fresh and lowering it a touch
Really nice car mate! Have been wanting to see this for a while!! Smile

Wanted a white one myself, but weren't any about when I was looking. Love the morettes too, look sick on Rallye's...
Looking good, although gunna have to go against the morettes, IMO only look good on ph1s
I'm 50/50 on the Morettes, will keep them on for a while and see how they go

Cheers Alee, white Rallye's do look sweet, happy with mine but PM me if you're ever in the market for one
Think it's because I love the black masks on mine so much Smile
I need to put the inner lamps in yet, will look different so will decide then
If you ever get rid of the Morettes, let me know!! Wink
good to see another bianca Smile

Love the colour of the wheels <3
I'll save my judgement till the lamps are in Big Grin other then that looks awesome Smile makes me eager to fix mine already
(17-02-2013, 05:02 PM)Alee83 Wrote: [ -> ]If you ever get rid of the Morettes, let me know!! Wink

Will give you first refusal fella
(17-02-2013, 05:05 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote: [ -> ]good to see another bianca Smile

Love the colour of the wheels <3

Can't wait to get them on, might be a few weeks though