306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Converting from manual to electric?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to convert from manual to electricwing mirrors, ive got a phase 2.5 d turbo.... im pretty sure it has the plug for the elctric mirrors??
Thats something you'd have to find out buddy, if you get all the bits to convert it then i see no reason why not, Peugeot after all kept all the plugs on.
As rich says most of them have the wiring in there already. They have most extra wires for other goodies. Saves costs having to make different looms so it *should* just be plug and play. Just get electric mirror and switch
or possibly may have to change inner door looms and get electric mirrors just pop the manual mirror cap off and see if theres a thin bron plug behind there if there is then your laughing all you need then is window switch with mirror adjuster and the mirrors.
cheers guys, will have a play and see what happens, worst case is i sell on what ive bought and leave it at that, last question, do the electric mirrors fold inwards? some Tw*ats broken mine buy pushing it all the way back...
I tried to do this conversion, I changed the mirrors, switch and inner door looms but it still didn't work, turns out the door to body loom didn't have the wires. Sad

But yes both sets fold forward
(18-02-2013, 12:25 PM)londondan86 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to do this conversion, I changed the mirrors, switch and inner door looms but it still didn't work, turns out the door to body loom didn't have the wires. Sad

If this is the case, it shouldn't be too hard to wire in a common live feed to the switch.
(18-02-2013, 10:35 PM)Rich306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2013, 12:25 PM)londondan86 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to do this conversion, I changed the mirrors, switch and inner door looms but it still didn't work, turns out the door to body loom didn't have the wires. Sad

Is that all that's needed? What about the mirror on the passenger side, I assume there must be around 4 signal wires goin to it.
If this is the case, it shouldn't be too hard to wire in a common live feed to the switch.
Cheers for the comments, went out and bought a set of standard manual ones, had them on a week and the passenger one has already been broken by people folding it the wrong way constantly!!
So you have manual windows in your ph2 dt?

electric door mirrors use 4 extra wires through the door loom plug Wink
pins 7/13/14/15
(28-02-2013, 09:03 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]

electric door mirrors use 4 extra wires through the door loom plug Wink
pins 7/13/14/15

Thought this was the case, cheers Cully!