306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: heavy clutch pedal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all just wonder whats everyones opinion on the matter? I can select all the gears and still feel the biting point but is just very stiff to push. I've been searching and some people say its the cable where it sits so close to the manifold, some people say its the clutch arm bushes?
some say...they were all right...

new cable and lubed lever arm bushes and you will see big difference...

the other thing it could be is the clutch itself going stiff...but the above faults are more common
All we know it as, is a 306
(13-02-2013, 08:48 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]some say...they were all right...

new cable and lubed lever arm bushes and you will see big difference...

the other thing it could be is the clutch itself going stiff...but the above faults are more common

^^^ this

But............ Be warned it wont take long to dry out and go stiff again
I duno, did my cable and bushes about a year ago, still mega light
The last DT i dun it on it lasted the whole of about 8-10 weeks about 6-7k miles i was feck'd to say the least. I wont ever bother again
So looks like gearbox off when it warms up, any hints or tips?
just get used to it . . . .little bit of white grease on the pedal pivot point may help a bit . .i don't like driving cars with light clutches now, feels like there's nothing under my foot . lol
Is it a gti? If it is, they seem to go particularly heavy.

If your taking the box off, bang a new clutch in, new release arm bushes (less than £2 each) and a new cable will give you a lovely clutch!
(13-02-2013, 12:21 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a gti? If it is, they seem to go particularly heavy.

If your taking the box off, bang a new clutch in, new release arm bushes (less than £2 each) and a new cable will give you a lovely clutch for a couple of weeks!

EFA
(13-02-2013, 01:17 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2013, 12:21 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a gti? If it is, they seem to go particularly heavy.

If your taking the box off, bang a new clutch in, new release arm bushes (less than £2 each) and a new cable will give you a lovely clutch for a couple of weeks!

EFA

My 1.8 one was great for over a year and my gti had a 6 month old clutch in it when I sold it that that was nice and light so FYC!
Even my 6 is as heavy as fook. Maybe im just unlucky with clutches lol
Not sure if this'll help but my 1.8 came with the standard heavy clutch cable. Messing with a clutch is beyond me so I just sprayed lube stuff into the cable from under the pedal. Look where the bit that actually attaches to the pedal goes into the cable and use the pipe that comes with the can to direct the lube down the cable. Keep pressing the pedal to work the lube down the cable and repeat for a few days. Made the world of difference to mine.
Mines bloody heavy on my 1.8 too. Awful in traffic