306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Painting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
Im thinking about painting my ph2 bumpers so the black strips are body coloured, how is best to do this to get the best results? I know obvious things like to clean them so remove any dirt and grease from the surface and to prep them well with a decent coat of primer. Is it them best to leave them over night to dry properly before doing the top coat? Any tips would be much appreciated.
I would do a rub down on the whole bumper so its all nice and smooth. Then give it a clean with some pre paint then primer, paint and laquer.
To be fair mate id just get a replacement p3 bumper if you can find one in the same colour.
Its a proper bitch getting rid of all the textured crap.
As said the "textured crap" takes ages to sand down I know on my old Astra took me 4 hours to sand the bump strips. But I later on did my cousins Astra which I tried using filler primer then sanding that down. It worked so much easier and sticks to the plastic better with less reactions.
use plastic primer
Buy a ph2.5 bumper will be the best bet lol