306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ebay springs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-1 ... 519d047604

Anyone tested a set of theas or recommend a better set?
Had a set of the cheaper -40mm ones off them on my estate on bilstein dampers and they were (are) fapping awesome, far better than cullys spax springs on his estate
Do you have a photo of them fitted? just want to see the hight
BearBen runs cheap ebay 60mm. They give a good drop on the diesels because they are so heavy... the ones for the petrol fit 1.4 1.6 and 1.8 so when i put them on the 1.4 40s were more like 25s :/
It's recommended you get springs that were designed for the weight of your car. :roll:
I ran 106 40mm springs, dropped my xsi by 80mm lol
Poodle Wrote:It's recommended you get springs that were designed for the weight of your car. :roll:

Recommended...not essential haha.
Quite a lot of the people i know round here don't even run springs!! Because there "BBK" aka. stupid as f*ck.
BBK?
[Image: wallpaper_16964.jpg]

[Image: jme_0.jpg]

YA GET ME FAM
tomcannon Wrote:BBK?

"Boy Betta Know"... Part of the 'UBM' "Underground Boy racer Movement"... Doh

I hate living in this area sometimes..

Yup! Exactly that dan
What in Somerset? Come off it lol My grandma used to live in Somerset, a sleepy little village, far removed from London or even south eastern cultural 'elements' :roll:

As for lowering springs, I can't imagine why one would chose to compromise ride quality for a couple of notes this way or that way. The basic thing is to get the right spring for the engine for a start, because as we all know there is more to springs than just how much they lower the car.

If you get springs for a smaller engined version they will be too soft and bottom out quicky because the spring rate is obviously not designed for the heavier weight :roll:

I got progressively wound, powder coated Jamex lowering springs for £60 from Performance 3000 on Ebay and they are still doing a great job some 14 months later.

They still look as new as well. There are far better areas to save money on than springs.
i'm going to get a set of springs off of him as i know him, but he runs those springs on his '6, just not as low as that..
Matt Wrote:I ran 106 40mm springs, dropped my xsi by 80mm lol

I'm shocked, I put 60mm 106 springs on my old Dturbo and it was only about 70mm?

[Image: IMG_2372.jpg]
oops thread revival alert
iv put them on mine, iv get a photo tomorrow
Did it handle ok?
It wasn't bad actually, it was bouncy as feck but other than that it was reasonably comfortable and went round corners alright!
Fair enough. I was looking into this before I got my coilovers!