306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Jay's XSI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought i'd just pop in and fill you guy's and girls in with what I've been up to for
the last 6 month's....

I bough my 306 as a non runner due to cam belt failure, was also an mot failure!!!!
not sure why I took it on, just kind looked at it and loved it!!!

So I rebuilt the engine from the bottom up, lightened and balanced crank and flywheel,
Wossner pistons and quite a bit of headwork, IE a pair of kent cams, double valve springs
and I got my mate to flow the head on his flow bench....

outside I want to leave it as std, paint it matt black and just a general tidy up, its just gone
through the mot with the only advisory being a slight bind on nsf wheel....

hope you all like it...............

Jamie

now that's a hole.....
[Image: IMG-20121105-00266_zpsac8eb360.jpg]

after a bit of welding and vactan......
[Image: IMG-20121106-00268_zps461e3b43.jpg]

posing for the camera
[Image: IMG-20130117-00315_zpsadf7ae0f.jpg]

Took this today after finally finishing...........
[Image: IMG-20130207-00323_zpscbe6b211.jpg]
Wow thats alot of s*** on the bulk head dude, why matte black?
Very nice. Considering all the work into it, did you not consider a RfS (gti) Head? Tbh the bottom end on the xsi is basically identical to the gti. All the power is made up in the top end.
Yeah< I took it for a test drive (no tax) up a dirt track....... not my best ever idea.... lol
A friend had a matt black M3 and I just looked...... menacing!!!

I looked at doing the GTI conversion but just fancied seeing how far you can go with the XSI, essentially the same engine barr a few tweeks......
All polished up and ready for her new tax disc tomorrow.... after all the work ive done im finally gonna drive
it tomorrow, been 18 months now so if you see me about say hello....... any ideas what to do with the front
will be good as im really not happy with how it looks....

[Image: peugeot1_zpsd3804a25.jpg]

[Image: peugeot2_zpsc91b78e4.jpg]
Change the colour of the bonnet badge?
Looking good...a lot of work on a XSi engine though...not sure anyone else has bothered...not to say it isnt worthwhile...be curious to see some power figures
(28-02-2013, 03:51 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good...a lot of work on a XSi engine though...not sure anyone else has bothered...not to say it isnt worthwhile...be curious to see some power figures

me too... needs a re-map and its still on std exhaust (ran out of funds) but yeah,
fingers crossed should have a bit of poke..... ive only taken it to test station and that's it
just need to run it in for a while......

(28-02-2013, 03:45 PM)Parksy87 Wrote: [ -> ]Change the colour of the bonnet badge?

yeah, I was thinking that, don't like the smoothed look also would
like to get rid of the Morrettes.........
Get some masks or angel eyes on there as theres not really mich to choose from un fortunately and get the lion on the badge painted