306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Seriously falling out of love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The 306 is starting to get me down, seriously thinking about getting something else... Just seems to be 1 thing after another that goes wrong and im fed up of having to fix it!
Today for instance, i have changed the radiator only to find that it now leaks worse but from a different place. Going into the garage tomorrow because i was ready to take a FBH to it! Anyone else think like this at times?
Mate what you need to ask your self is, would you and the missus split up everytime you have a little lovers tiff or do you make up buy her some flowers then give her a bloody good romp to make up for it
Haha, i love that analogy. Trouble is it just seems i get the flowers and chocs but never get the romp!
Sounds like your fixing it with cheap 2nd hand parts, and if thats the case its you not the car?
(03-02-2013, 08:52 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like your fixing it with cheap 2nd hand parts, and if thats the case its you not the car?

Some parts i will admit have been 2nd hand, but most of the problems have been completely unrelated. Todays the only time i can think of that the new problem is related to the old and this was a new radiator going on the car which i cant get to seal with an original fitting so is now leaking. Should i have changed the whole water/cooling system?
Fix her up and no matter what take her for that romp! All will be well
(03-02-2013, 09:03 PM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]Fix her up and no matter what take her for that romp! All will be well

Hes right. I used to fall out of love with my car all the time and always considered selling it seeing as i had a free car to use anyway but for them few days a year when the weathers good, the roads are dry, you find a epic road and a sound track to go with it, it makes it all worth it! Well thats why i didnt sell mine for so long!
Cheers guys. I keep thinking of mods id like to do on her, then something goes wrong and i lose interest again. Im sure when i get this leak sorted she'll be fine for a while.
Mate I used to feel the same about my first HDi but for the 1 or 2 days a month when it actually worked and the roads were empty enough to go for a drive id fall back in love with it every time.
So why drive a car that you only like for 24 days a year? Confused

306s don't reward you for treating them nice so don't bother, use it, abuse it and rag the f*ck out of it being as much of a lady garden in the process.... lol
(03-02-2013, 09:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]So why drive a car that you only like for 24 days a year? Confused

306s don't reward you for treating them nice so don't bother, use it, abuse it and rag the f*ck out of it being as much of a lady garden in the process.... lol

Because tom, its like going on holiday. You can visit some epic places in the world and for a few weeks a year, they are epic and nice and you want to live there for ever but if you did, it would soon get boring. Small doses make things just that bit better when it does work and everything falls into place.
I hate holidays. Would rather stay at home on my own....
Angry
Dont get me wrong, i know id have issues with whatever car i owned. Id just like something i can enjoy for more than a few days before something else got in the way of that.

Id deffo look for another 306 as an option or take this 1 off the road and give it a full overhaul.

(03-02-2013, 09:26 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Angry

Everyones entitled to their views. Tongue

Even if their views suck the big hairy 1!
(03-02-2013, 09:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I hate holidays. Would rather stay at home on my own....

My god you're a boring lady garden sometimes.
(03-02-2013, 09:26 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Angry

lol

(03-02-2013, 09:50 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 09:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I hate holidays. Would rather stay at home on my own....

My god you're a boring lady garden sometimes.

Sometimes? You mean all the time....
On a plus side to this, ive just driven my old clio... makes me appreciate how nice the 306 is when its working well!
You could sell it and buy something else only to find that it has similar or worse - problems anyway.

The Focus I had, for example, sport-spec, handled well, perfect for my needs.
f*cking hated it.

I'll be spending all of next week under the car too, doing the sodding driveshaft and track rod ends. Happy days!
I know what you mean. As I said above, I know I'll have issues whatever I get, it's just the way cars are, nothings perfect. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I should put a few hundred towards overhauling this and sort any problems as they come. Think it's just started getting to me that all the problems seem to come at once!

Good luck with the drive shafts etc this week btw
Plan B if you want a 306 but not a DT I believe the 1.8 xsi are good and you get bwarp that way Big Grin
You'll struggle to find a 1.8 XSi Ash.... Confused

Did you mean 1.8 XS? Or 2.0 XSi? lol

/pedanticgit
Ye my bad I mean xs if that's the 1.8? Don't do this petrol shite myself but you get the drift Big Grin
Yah 1.8 came in meridian and XS spec and 2.0 in xsi spec.

If you have the choice, go for the 1.8. Better handling, better fuel economy and whilst I've never had a race with one in my old 1.8, I reckon probably quicker due to the substantially less weight.
Well actually I say I've never raced one. On the way to fcs in 2011, Matt couldn't keep up with me in his xsi Smile
Very little real-world difference in the XSi / XS, remember back in the day going to FCS '09 with a chap from .net, both cars level-peg it up to motorway speed ninja

I miss mine, but I need MPGs...
Autobahn speeds you mean?
May be so but realistically, they are substantially lighter - handle better and better on fuel. Just a shame they eat ECUs for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Thanks for the recommendations but i like the torque of the dervs. Have been offered a '6 but would take a lot of work to get it nice as an every day car. The leak seems to have been sorted now, just gotta pick the car up tomorrow.

1 problem down, next 1 to be sorted is the clunk on the front suspension. Question is, is it just the top mount bearings or a broken spring... And if its a broken spring do i hit it with the lowering stick at the same time?
Im the same with my 306 bought all the bits to bosch it td04, etc etc it decied it didnt like its alternator belt and shreded it and I just gave up and put every thing for sale, the next day fixed it sold some bit drove my car and wish I didnt sell them bits cos im now buying some more lol I will probly do it agin cos thats what im like when something gose wrong but as what other people said when the do work, they work well and always put a smile on your face Smile
Well I think once you hit her with the lowering stick HARD you will just look and be like "oh you beauty" and give her that well deserved romp!
(05-02-2013, 02:04 AM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]Well I think once you hit her with the lowering stick HARD you will just look and be like "oh you beauty" and give her that well deserved romp!

Need to start collecting the kit to get it done then. Shes only on 14s at the mo, i think 40mm should suffice as she might be a bit too low if i go any further.
Fell back in love last night, about to miss an exit on the a1 and had to pull off in a panic. Whilst going round the corner all I could think was "im going to spin/slide" but no she gripped fantastically and put the biggest smile on my face after the lower parts loosened up XD
Pages: 1 2