306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: well that could have gone a lot worse...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, driving along at about 30, suddenly here a crunching grinding knocking noise coming from the osf front. Sounds like something has gotten stuck in the wheel between the rim and the caliper. f*ck. Pull over, call a mate to come check it out.

find the wheel bolts are done up bastard tight, so I stand on the brakes to hold the car, and hear a loud ish pop and the pedal goes to the floor. Bollocks. Get the wheel off, no sign of leaking, however I do pull the pad wear sensor out of the caliper, that had been the cause of the noise.

Go to the other side and find a massive puddle of brake fluid.

[attachment=4716]

Turns out the brake line had been rubbing on the inside of the tyre, and had worn through Confused

f*cking lucky, I've just driven 400 miles on the motorway, it could have gone at anytime, but it pops in the car park of a local care home.
lucky man
That's what you get for working on your car like a pikey!

Seriously though, lucky!!
Pffft, how was I to know it was touching? I'll deffo triple check from now on tho!
Yeah dude as I said earlier bloody lucky!
Wow you were stupidly lucky!
You're one hell of a lucky sonbitch
Lolz. When you told me i didn't expect you to have nearly killed yourself in the process... VERY luck ass'sam
Your little NAD was looking after you
(29-01-2013, 05:16 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: [ -> ]Your little NAD was looking after you

Look after your nads and they will look after you!
(29-01-2013, 05:18 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2013, 05:16 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: [ -> ]Your little NAD was looking after you

Look after your nads and they will look after you!

Ahaha! Yes! This is bible.
Lucky.

Now you get the fun game of trying to replace the brake line and bleed the caliper without destroying the old nuts or tearing the bleed nipple to pieces.
Yeah, bloody lucky! What gets me is the noise that caused me to stop was on the other side of the popped line, AMD I didn't even put my foot down hard on the brake to burst it!

My nad loves me
lucky man, that nad must really love you
Haha, that could have gone worse! Count your stars mate, that and actually start checking your work, douche. :p
Will you pick me some lottery numbers for tonight cos your clearly one lucky fucker
@ Sammykins. Could you send me your email address, I can't pm you or post in wanted ad.. Regarding Laguna splitter. Cheers mate, Stu

stu.ba69@yahoo.co.uk Smile
Wow.. that could have hurt. A lot. Lesson learned eh? I know what I'll be checking next time I mess with brake lines.
Happend to me in my old saxo, i was pulling up to a busy road doing about 30 went to brake then bang. Drove home using handbrake
f*ck sake my sabotage didn't work ninja
(11-02-2013, 04:06 PM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]f*ck sake my sabotage didn't work ninja

I should have know!! pikey f*ck
I know right! I'm that pikey even my sabotage wet tits up
lucky! All of my brake fluid leaked out in the 1.4 and the pedal got softer and softer and i had to stop it in a layby with the handbrake D:
Would never of happend if you were driving a 306 Tongue
(11-02-2013, 07:48 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Would never of happend if you were driving a 306 Tongue

No. He would of used a BMW as a brake!
True story! It's what they're here for, innit
look at it this way. Irene was a martyr. Killed her self for the greater good!
The greater good....
Mine lost all it's fluid as I pulled on the driveway, very grateful it went there.
(11-02-2013, 08:05 PM)sammykins Wrote: [ -> ]The greater good....
lmao So glad you repeated that.
[Image: greater_good_hot_fuzz.jpg]
Pages: 1 2