306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Removing and swapping a door lock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right will be swapping over my door soon. But I need my original lock, how do you swap it?

Or as a quick fix, if I leave the other lock in, and don't swap it, will it still lock/unlock off the passenger door?

Need to do it, but haven't got the time to sort it properly, or find someone who knows how lol
Have a look inside. There are clips. Play around with the one off the car first
The way i got mine out was with a hammer and chisel lol
If you take the door card off you can see the back of the lock, its got a metal spring plate that you have to slide off from round the lock on the inside of the door. It's hard to get to but easy once you look at it mate.

But yeah, if you unplug the wiring loom and plug in the new one when you swap them the central locking should still lock and unlock the door Smile
Okay having alot of trouble with the lock, can't actually see what I'm supposed to disconnect atall lol
There is a metal spring clip that goes round the lock barrel that is in the shape of a c, I will take a pic of one as there is one on my bench with as replacement lock set for my car
Cheers mark managed too see what I was looking for, lock is swapped. New door is on. Need new door cards though, mine are fooked
its easy once you figure it out, I will delete the pics I have just taken then Tongue
Haha cheers anyway mate, just need to get my door handle off. The one that's on the new door is a state, but mines bloody riveted on :/
drill the rivets out from the outside and use the bolts in the new one Smile

Just make sure you have one thats bolted before you remove the one thats in the door Tongue
Yeah ill give it a go on Wednesday, I'm at work and don't have my drill with me haha
mark_airey Wrote:its easy once you figure it out, I will delete the pics I have just taken then Tongue

Do you still have those pics Mark? Was trying to remove a lock barrel yesterday but couldn't see C clip at all lol :?
Toms306 Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:its easy once you figure it out, I will delete the pics I have just taken then Tongue

Do you still have those pics Mark? Was trying to remove a lock barrel yesterday but couldn't see C clip at all lol :?

Sorry lol just seen this while searching for another thread, I deleted them off my phone but will probably re-do them tonight for Sam's thread if you still need them Smile