306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: I have just popped my cherry!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep you heard right here's the story...

As some of you may have already read on my Facebook, last night I managed to get my Polo stuck on a country lane in the snow and had to be taken home by the police as the recovery agents wouldn't carry me as they wasn't able to recover me because they got their truck stuck and had to be recovered themselves...Coppers told me to secure my car and leave it where it was so I did what they said...11am I get a phonecall 'If your car isn't removed by 1pm we will have to recover it for you and it will be impounded as you are now causing an obstruction'

Lot of frantic ringing around ensued and finally one of Sophie's friends offered to help me out who just happens to have an Evo FQ 340...Gets about 2 or 3 mile outside Skeg and he says to me 'You're fully comp aren't you?' my reply 'Yeh I am why?'

'I fancy being a passenger for once!' - Me by this point had a huge grin on my face!!!

Gotta say it was pretty f*cking awesome to hear it spooling up and blowing off and once you were letting it run down for the roundabout all you could hear was a distinct 'Pop. Pop...BOOM!'

Anybody want to buy me one?

*Oh, and the Polo has now been freed from its icy grave!
Lucky man.

I love having the 3rd party extension on my insurance, I wouldnt insure without it as it means Ive driven all sorts of cool stuff.
Yeah same here, had a go in an E36 M3 last week thanks to the 3rd party cover. I'm not even fully comp Big Grin
Their awesome cars, I worked for a Mitsubishi dealership for 7 years so have hadn't share of fun in evo's. I keep thinking about selling my supercharged 6 and buying an evo 6.... Just the cost if it goes wrong I couldn't bare...
I'm the same have driven all sorts of crap from Transit vans to a previous customer's Audi A6 V6 TDi as she wouldn't travel in my Pug (she had a thing about red cars, didn't like driving and my 306 was a Cherry!) even had the good fortune to run my dad's old Terrano 3.0TD for about a month (despite the thing costing me about £150 a week in fuel!!!)

But yeh it is f*cking handy!
yeah but just so you know fully comp doesn't mean you can drive other cars . . .you have to check your policy to see if you have 3rd party cover on other vehicles . . . amount of people that make this mistake is unreal . .Smile
In Australia they insure the car instead of the person. Went down south to my friends holiday home and because I don't drink ended up driving all their cars, V6 Holden something and this massive Toyota prado, and a few others too! Good fun!
Speed limits are gay here though. And there speed cameras are like hidden in trees and shit
(27-01-2013, 02:39 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm the same have driven all sorts of crap from Transit vans to a previous customer's Audi A6 V6 TDi as she wouldn't travel in my Pug (she had a thing about red cars, didn't like driving and my 306 was a Cherry!) even had the good fortune to run my dad's old Terrano 3.0TD for about a month (despite the thing costing me about £150 a week in fuel!!!)

Bearing in mind "Includes driving other cars" is exactly what it says. Doesn't cover vans. Also it's not just if you have comp cover, must state it in your policy as a lot don't have it. Depends on company, occupation etc. normally if you qualify for it, you'd also qualify for it on TPFT cover too.
(27-01-2013, 03:20 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2013, 02:39 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm the same have driven all sorts of crap from Transit vans to a previous customer's Audi A6 V6 TDi as she wouldn't travel in my Pug (she had a thing about red cars, didn't like driving and my 306 was a Cherry!) even had the good fortune to run my dad's old Terrano 3.0TD for about a month (despite the thing costing me about £150 a week in fuel!!!)

Bearing in mind "Includes driving other cars" is exactly what it says. Doesn't cover vans. Also it's not just if you have comp cover, must state it in your policy as a lot don't have it. Depends on company, occupation etc. normally if you qualify for it, you'd also qualify for it on TPFT cover too.

yeah what you said but are you 100% on vans mate? . . . i'd say you can tbh . .Smile
(27-01-2013, 04:02 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2013, 03:20 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]

yeah what you said but are you 100% on vans mate? . . . i'd say you can tbh . .Smile

mine used to say "any motor vehicle" but now says "any motor car"
so its all in the wordingDoh
States any motor vehicle on my policy too and then gives a breakdown of what it means by motor vehicles and the only exceptions are:

Excepted vehicles: Vehicles exceeding 3.5 tonnes GVW & motor bicycles. Vehicles driven on the third party extension must also have their own insurance policy in place.
evos are immensly fun, i did think of buying one but was put off by the huge cost of just running the thing in the first place before you start tuning it, just stuff like running it on shell optimax, oil changes every 4k, diff oil changes every 6k etc etc etc.
(27-01-2013, 04:07 PM)parrotveasey81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2013, 04:02 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2013, 03:20 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Bearing in mind "Includes driving other cars" is exactly what it says. Doesn't cover vans. Also it's not just if you have comp cover, must state it in your policy as a lot don't have it. Depends on company, occupation etc. normally if you qualify for it, you'd also qualify for it on TPFT cover too.

mine used to say "any motor vehicle" but now says "any motor car"
so its all in the wordingDoh

I work in insurance & 99.9% are CARS only. Which means eg even a fiesta van isn't covered. Worth checking your policy document or phoning your insurer if you're unsure.
(27-01-2013, 03:15 PM)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]In Australia they insure the car instead of the person. Went down south to my friends holiday home and because I don't drink ended up driving all their cars, V6 Holden something and this massive Toyota prado, and a few others too! Good fun!
Speed limits are gay here though. And there speed cameras are like hidden in trees and shit

Depends where you go mate. I had a 4.1 litre Ford Falcon for a bit and that was taken up to silly speeds and never got caught Big Grin That car was an absolute monster!!
Yeah true! I'm in the middle of Perth at the moment though!
i remember my mate getting a go of his cousins scooby. that car had the full works done to it, as it was tuned for track day use. he text me saying "oh my good god scoobys are why god invented the wheel!"
also i gave him a drive of my vvc metro too, i never seen a lads knuckes go white so quickly! he loved it and now he calls it the red bull.