306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Welding on cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need to weld a hole in my exhaust.

CBA with removing it as I'm on my larry and the nut is going to just spin on the manifold fire ring bolts.

I was going to disconnect the battery before welding, but should i unplug the ECU or anything else? Will anything get fried?

Muchos Gracias

x
<3
(24-01-2013, 04:27 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Need to weld a hole in my exhaust.

CBA with removing it as I'm on my larry and the nut is going to just spin on the manifold fire ring bolts.

I was going to disconnect the battery before welding, but should i unplug the ECU or anything else? Will anything get fried?

Muchos Gracias

x
<3

Deffo the battery but I didnt unplug my ecu when I welded my exhaust.
Just the battery is fine
I usually unplug the ECU, but it's been left on a few times and not caused issue.

I just don't wanna risk it.
This was not nearly as interesting as I'd hoped. The title was very misleading. I had this great image of you running around the car welding all sorts of parts of it, not just the exhaust.

I like my version better.
Oh you havent seen the massive veiny penis that I've done in weld on the roof. Next is a 3d version on the bonnet, just like the jaguars on jaguars...

But on a serious note, thanks for the info guys Smile
(24-01-2013, 05:26 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Oh you havent seen the massive veiny penis that I've done in weld on the roof. Next is a 3d version on the bonnet, just like the jaguars on jaguars...
lmao

Actually lol'd. Rep for that.
Meeehhh pusies Tongue i never disconect anything, i made my whole side exit whilst it was on the car with nothing disconnected, no issues
I'm surprised you didn't fry your ECU and ruin your map. Oh wait, you don't need to worry about that Wink
(24-01-2013, 06:57 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised you didn't fry your ECU and ruin your map. Oh wait, you don't need to worry about that Wink

BECAUSEXUDWINNING Big Grin
Side exit you say.... Hmmmmmm
Did you not see it???

/Runstogetpics
SHIT, HE'S ABOUT TO PIC WHORE. REACH FOR THE BANCANNON.
Side exit win

Feel free to steal the idea, its dead now

(24-01-2013, 07:03 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]SHIT, HE'S ABOUT TO PIC WHORE. REACH FOR THE BANCANNON.

Dont act like you dont love it scott,

/offtofindmorethreadstowhorein
(24-01-2013, 07:03 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]SHIT, HE'S ABOUT TO PIC WHORE. REACH FOR THE BANCANNON.

I can actually confirm scott does have a 4ft long cannon sitting next to his computer that is used for banning.

Side exit = win exit
Surely its handier to just leave it running for all of 2 mins whilst you fix the exhaust? Saves the hassle of disconnecting the battery and then most importantly having to retune the radio again.
How did you work out the angles and shiz on that side exit Jamie? Im looking at buying a bend to weld in...
Bought a 90* & 45* bend & a tip , just tack welded and adjusted as needed untill i was where i wanted to be then a full weld when i was happy

Id keep it an inch lower though to avoid knocking on the bumper mount when cold