306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Peugeot Rear Box how much!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290845403134?s...1438.l2649

Had my eye on this with a thin slither of hope that it might not go for stupid money. You could buy a whole GTI6 for not much more!
I wish I had a chrome end embellisher... Confused lol

Out of interest, whats the actual 'new' price of these? That seems ridiculous price for a standard one. Undecided
That is ridiculous. Why would anyone pay that! Get an aftermarket standard box for a lot less than that.
How much !?!?!
Any know if the exhaust I got off a s16 will straight fit my hdi? Iirc the s16 goes over the rear beam but I can't remember about the hdi!

I would go down to my shed and conpare the one that's on my garden but I have to find it under the snow!
Servicebox says £204! lol
I bet the winning bidder won't pony up the money for that one.

Prolly some drunken chav pissing about.
They dont make them with the chrome tip on anymore but still, £100 over dealer prices!?!?! Mugs
Ridiculous...

Standard backbox isn't even that special!

We should get a welder and some chrome tips, start shipping out pattern parts for £200 a pop lol
Actually i disagree Chris. The standard box does sound pretty nice when they are relatively new. When they fall apart in side after 10 years they sound shit lol
better put my two spare ones on ebay then Big Grin
(22-01-2013, 07:01 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Any know if the exhaust I got off a s16 will straight fit my hdi? Iirc the s16 goes over the rear beam but I can't remember about the hdi!

I would go down to my shed and conpare the one that's on my garden but I have to find it under the snow!

Would like to see how the managed to get the exhaust to go over the rear beam!
(22-01-2013, 09:01 PM)Sambarker Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 07:01 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Any know if the exhaust I got off a s16 will straight fit my hdi? Iirc the s16 goes over the rear beam but I can't remember about the hdi!

Possibly not then. But the pipe looks like it goes up. Been a few months since I seen it.
(22-01-2013, 09:57 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 09:01 PM)Sambarker Wrote: [ -> ]

Possibly not then. But the pipe looks like it goes up. Been a few months since I seen it.

Dont put a petrol back box on the hdi dude, you may aswell put a potato in your exhaust!
(22-01-2013, 10:03 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 09:57 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 09:01 PM)Sambarker Wrote: [ -> ]Would like to see how the managed to get the exhaust to go over the rear beam!

Dont put a petrol back box on the hdi dude, you may aswell put a potato in your exhaust!

It's going to have everything taken out first. It was just free and fits snugly Smile
(22-01-2013, 10:05 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:03 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 09:57 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly not then. But the pipe looks like it goes up. Been a few months since I seen it.

It's going to have everything taken out first. It was just free and fits snugly Smile

Haha fair enough!
I keep thinking about swapping my stainless for an oem replacement!
(22-01-2013, 10:07 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:05 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:03 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]Dont put a petrol back box on the hdi dude, you may aswell put a potato in your exhaust!

Haha fair enough!

There's one sat on back garden. Just has decat and down swept standard backbox.
(22-01-2013, 10:09 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:05 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]It's going to have everything taken out first. It was just free and fits snugly Smile

Haha fair enough!

How much you want for it?
(22-01-2013, 10:05 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]It's going to have everything taken out first. It was just free and fits snugly Smile

Haha fair enough!

The one on current hdi is fairly new.
(22-01-2013, 10:11 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:07 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]Haha fair enough!

They both down pointers?
(22-01-2013, 10:12 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:11 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:09 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]There's one sat on back garden. Just has decat and down swept standard backbox.

They both down pointers?

Back box on hdi isn't has a small tip. But will need a good sand to get it shining again. Ill get a picture tomorrow. Smile
(22-01-2013, 10:19 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:12 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-01-2013, 10:11 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]The one on current hdi is fairly new.

They both down pointers?

Back box on hdi isn't has a small tip. But will need a good sand to get it shining again. Ill get a picture tomorrow. Smile

Coolio
Ive got a standard hdi back for £5 was on.car for 4,000 miles ;

#thredhijacked
(22-01-2013, 10:54 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive got a standard hdi back for £5 was on.car for 4,000 miles ;

#thredhijacked

Is it a downpointer or has it got the oval tailpipe?
If its an oval ill have it dude deffo!

Just seen it on your for sale page and ill have it dude.
I have a spare chrome tip, I guess it would be fairly easy for any decent welder to put the tip over the new Peugeot part which as Nialll said now comes without?
(22-01-2013, 07:55 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Actually i disagree Chris. The standard box does sound pretty nice when they are relatively new. When they fall apart in side after 10 years they sound shit lol

I don't dispute that, I'm sure they sound good. But not £300+ good!

I imagine the backbox is probably the same as that for the XS / XSi but with a greater bore on the mid-pipe side?...
Xsi has the same diameter exhaust As the '6 throughout, as does the xs I think
(23-01-2013, 12:29 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]Xsi has the same diameter exhaust As the '6 throughout, as does the xs I think

I always thought there was a marginal difference, quarter of an inch or something? Hence when upgrading manifolds you have to change mid-pipes (not least because of the downpipe location being very different anyway...)

Who knows the definitive? This is gonna bug me now. Internet cookie to the first person to answer!
Nah the only reason you change cats if you do a mani swap is cuz of the extra length on the 6 mani compared to the xs/xsi mani.

come to think of it, when we did the mani swap on skank army's xsi, the rest of the exhaust mated up fine, diameter wise
Glad I'm sat down after seeing that or I would have fell over!