306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Gti6 brakes onto lower spec 306
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

On my diesel LX runaround the brakes are pretty shocking (very little pedal feel etc) and I have a gti6 that I am breaking for parts.

What is involved for putting the gti6 brakes onto the LX?

I was just planning on taking the master cylinder, discs and calipers and swapping them over. Is that all I need? Any issues that I might come across?

Any help would be great, thanks Smile
just as you have said iirc simply swap everything over
Yep just swap everything over.
Something else is wrong, check for leaks/servo clearance first, in case you swap it all over and still have the same problem...
There's some shocking pads out there for those calipers too, I slapped a cheap set on mine once and they may as well have been planks of wood. Dodgy
(21-01-2013, 02:50 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]Something else is wrong, check for leaks/servo clearance first, in case you swap it all over and still have the same problem...
There's some shocking pads out there for those calipers too, I slapped a cheap set on mine once and they may as well have been planks of wood. Dodgy

But that's all a 1.4 running on max 3 cylinders at any 1 time need to control that power.....
Whether it is or not, the brakes shouldn't be spongy with little pedal feel.

I haven't found a 306 yet that matches the pedal feel of mine even when it was back on 247mm solid discs...people just band aid another issue with bigger brakes.