Citroen zx volcane 3 door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen zx volcane 3 door
(03-09-2017, 07:00 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 06:45 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Brakes have gone again final straw with this now so shout up if any one wants any bits will start braking next week or week after.

sell complete?

can't be much wrong with brakes

Yer won't be cheap tho, parts value will be more than cars worth.

There's many other issues tho brakes is the last issue to tip me over the.

And proably not that hard to fix I think there must be a leak or the servo is to blame I honstly can't think of anything else but it's pushing me to braking point now money after money well over 2.5k in this car and it's quick but that's about as good as it gets.

If any one has any ideas what could be causing the issue let me know I may have one last final ditch attempt tomorrow morning at fixing them. The pedal just seems to have a mind of its own as to what position the brakes kick in but if I come off them and instantly straight back on them the pedals at the top and there nice and sharp.

Thanks given by:
Right as you havnt givin a clear descirtion of exactly what happening to the brakes it sounds like you have air in the system somewhere as pumping the pedal helps give a nice sharp brake. I would advise re bleeding them again and check the condition of the rear wheel cylinders. As in take the drums off and pull the rubbers back to check they arent leaking. Common as hell on cars this age. Get it so you have a hard pedal start the car, It should sink slightly. That tests your servo. If all this fails get someone to sit in it while applying the brakes and look round for a leak somehwere. Around by the tank is pretty common as well. Hope this helps would be a shame to see this ditched off after all this effort.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It has rear discs being a volcane. Pedal goes hard before starting then start it up and drops Alot. There's no fluid loss from the master cylinder it's still at the same level. But there could be a leak I've missed just not dropping the level enough.

I think bleeding and checking for leaks again is only things I can think of. After that I can only assume a master cylinder or servo fault?

It's just strange that last night they was fine nice sharp pedal and now it's happened again.

Thanks given by:
Check servo vac hose for cracks or splits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
If any one is intrested in buying this as a project feel free to pm me if not it'll probably end up getting broken for bits. Be nice to see it live on but it won't be with me unfortunately.

Thanks given by:
Hi, did this get sold or broken in the end? I'm looking for a rear bumper off a 3 door, ta.
Thanks given by:
It was sold complete in the end.

Thanks given by:
Ok cheers Smile The search continues...
Thanks given by:
It's been a while since I've been on here but I've had a message from the guy who bought this some time ago and he was looking at braking this due to lack of intrest. But in short I've bought it back left deposit on it and hope to have it recovered back to me some time soon (it has no mot) so it might be showing its face again on here depending how active the fourm is now days.

Heres how it's sat at the moment unloved and pretty much untouched only covered 200 miles since I sold it.

Thanks given by:
Still looking pretty good there Chris.
What turbo is on it these days?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2018, 10:10 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Still looking pretty good there Chris.
What turbo is on it these days?

Everythings still the same spec apart from the brakes work now apprently it was the master cylinder at fault. 

The turbo is still dumdums gt2052 "hybrid" were a t2 hot side was machined out to accept the 2052 core. All so still has forged rods arp head studs fmic.

Thanks given by:
It's back with me 

Unfortunately brakes are still the same from when I sold it first time round, only thing that has changed are all the veg oil heater stuff removed and standard fuel filter set up back on. 

It's now been put away in the garage for the forseeable future so I can attempt to fix the issues slowly. I don't think it'll be on the road this year, I'm hoping as of the 1st of Jan 2019 it'll be 25 years old so might have better luck getting it on a classic insurance policy. 

If any one has any suggestions on what I could do to work out what's up with the brakes feel free to let me know.

Thanks given by:
I've been slowly..... very slowly working at the issues on this still carnt work out what's up with the brakes so just going to leave it for the garage to fix when it goes for the mot hopefully will be going in January. I've now lifted the rear as it was sitting to low before. Rebuilt one front caliper as it was sticking, sorted the exhaust as it was hitting the subframe, made the drivers seat slide better as that was very stiff, fitted a new drivers seat belt as that was slow to retract, all so fitted a better condition steering wheel as the old one was torn. 

Only thing left to do is 're route the boost pipe off the turbo as it's hitting the cam belt cover. 

Then it's off to the garage to have the brakes sorted and an mot. Hopefully be back on the road soon after. 

Old steering wheel

New steering wheel 

And a picture of it next to my stage 2 hdi daily.

Thanks given by:
Looks good! Got a project thread for the stage 2 hdi estate? Or any more details? Looks clean!
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately no project thread for the 306 it's nothing special a bit ruff round the edges but perfect economical daily.

Thanks given by:
Thought I'd update this been using this for the last month or so, had it's mot in January, then I put it on the road on the 1st of Feb, been running pretty much with out issue. I've upgraded the speakers now has 4 edge speakers. Also de-wipered the rear, and refitted the pug1off quick shift. Done around a 1000 miles so far gonna give it a service soon, and look at the boost leak seem to have lost around 10 psi some we're. 

Future plans possible upgrade the fuel pump to try and max the turbo out. Other than that just look after it.

Standard speaker next to the upgrade

De-wipered rear

Pic of how it is now

Thanks given by:
My mate is breaking one of these, it'll be scrapped tomorrow, do you want any bits off it? It's a 5 door TD in Silver. If you want any bits off it message me ASAP.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,239 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Zx volcane td 5 door Danmoy90 5 3,114 17-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: dt_
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 83,664 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90