Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017
Anyone up for this? Frosty and I are going, with a possible Sam (Eyeore)
Would be nice to get a group of people/cars from the forum to all go at the same time.
Thanks given by:
Total depends on the date for me as my calendar is already jam packed! Certainly interested though!
Thanks given by:
Would love to do this again but somehow don't think I'll be able to afford it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Also if people who have done this sort of thing before have any places they recommend going let us know please.
Thanks given by:
Tbh driving anywhere in the alps is spectacular and packed with great driving roads, provided you stay out of the big valleys and towns and off the motorways.

I would highly recommend keeping your group small for a road-trip, it was hard enough keeping three cars together and the convoy draws a lot of attention from the authorities. When you're planning your route bear in mind toll roads are a big thing on the continent, the Swiss take it a step further and charge for using any and all of their motorways. Do careful research about local traffic laws for each country you intend to travel through, most require minimum of 3mm tread on your tyres for example, RAC and AA websites are good for that sort of info. You will also need to carry ALL of your documents, licence (including printed counterpart), proof of insurance, V5C, passport and maybe a visa/travel permit depending on how far you're going - only having them in electronic form nearly caused us a lot of grief last time.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Didnt realise some foreign countries were so strict! Cheers Poodle Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers Poodle some great info in there.
Thanks given by:
Hey I'm from germany. It's not that strict at all.
- your tyres need minimun 1.6mm
- We're Europe ensurance is never a Problem (Your insurance will hardly pay any damage on race track)
- You need to cover one side of your front lights (because we drive on the other side of the road)
- You need first aid kit in your car and anything belonging to it.
That's all.
If you're driving on the Nürburging remeber keep driving on the right side, if you see someone faster than you in your mirror blink right to show that you've seen him and he can overtake you. 2 areas are speedrestricted on the Nürburgring. You should not breakt the limit (sometimes police takes expensive pictures at these places :-)) - Remember it's an normal road in one direction without speedlimitation.
Be careful of bikers - they break much earlier than cars would!
Thanks given by: MY95 , lolsteve
(28-02-2017, 08:39 AM)4Ward-Performance Wrote: Hey I'm from germany. It's not that strict at all.
- your tyres need minimun 1.6mm
- We're Europe ensurance is never a Problem (Your insurance will hardly pay any damage on race track)
- You need to cover one side of your front lights (because we drive on the other side of the road)
- You need first aid kit in your car and anything belonging to it.
That's all.
If you're driving on the Nürburging remeber keep driving on the right side, if you see someone faster than you in your mirror blink right to show that you've seen him and he can overtake you. 2 areas are speedrestricted on the Nürburgring. You should not breakt the limit (sometimes police takes expensive pictures at these places :-)) - Remember it's an normal road in one direction without speedlimitation.
Be careful of bikers - they break much earlier than cars would!

Ok thanks for the information.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 57,783 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,113 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 22/07/17 Eeyore 17 12,161 24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: gti6man