205 - born again (still running)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 - born again (still running)
(20-04-2017, 07:57 PM)unclebeast Wrote: Excuse me for asking Doseph but could you spare me the chrome L shaped strips at both top corners of the windscreen chrome trim on the 405?

no problem, most of the trim is in pretty good nick if you want anything else. send me a pm and we'll sort something out

(20-04-2017, 05:50 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So went to crack on this evening gave the water pump a quick spin as it was feeling rough. Turns out its hitting the inside of the block!! Fricken cheap pump grrrrrrr. Ill have to go out and get another tomorrow during lunch break i reckon!!!

is it normally that nasty looking inside?
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2017, 08:34 PM)Doseph Wrote:
(20-04-2017, 07:57 PM)unclebeast Wrote: Excuse me for asking Doseph but could you spare me the chrome L shaped strips at both top corners of the windscreen chrome trim on the 405?

no problem, most of the trim is in pretty good nick if you want anything else. send me a pm and we'll sort something out

(20-04-2017, 05:50 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So went to crack on this evening gave the water pump a quick spin as it was feeling rough. Turns out its hitting the inside of the block!! Fricken cheap pump grrrrrrr. Ill have to go out and get another tomorrow during lunch break i reckon!!!

is it normally that nasty looking inside?

Most ive seen are like that you get a few better ones not many now theyre getting old now. No lumps or rusty crap came out so shell be fine
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So after pissing about with the water pump. It now has another one on that doesnt hit the block. Cambelts on, new thermostat and diff is now off and crownwheel removed to fit to the 205 item. [Image: f01b2ecd5407e9a029c490529120e08f.jpg][Image: 12deb3c68e1eb7fed28bb3f9ef93c05e.jpg]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
[Image: 3cfc23f9b585dfd071d2d741a5d9f8c5.jpg]
Out with the old
Thanks given by:
I feel as though this beeds an update from joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
So I left Bash's Saturday and when i came back Sunday and the engine was in!

by the end of The night the we were ready to start the engine for the first time since it was in the 405 - fired straight away.

Next day we hooked up all the ancillaries and fitted new radiator.
Welded the 405 exhaust on to the 205 end and persuaded it to fit with the help of a hammer.
Neatened up the bay so it looks mostly original and time for a test drive!!!!

Drives pretty well but the bodged exhaust seems to be holding back power badly. seems to be blowing oil back into the air filter!
I cleaned the air filter out so I can see if this happens all the home or just under heavy load.
I've ordered an exhaust which should be here by next weekend....

Until then I'll be driving around timidly but with a huge grin on my face none the less

this is what the finished (for a week) article looks like.

Really happy with how this has turned out so far, big thanks to Bash for basically making this happen for me Smile
Thanks given by: Stef205
that looks so oem. Well done guys! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
a 306 elbow is the same as a 205 one then a stock 205 dt downpipe will go in nicely.

405 is quite different though I never compared directly, just looked at part numbers and had the stuff to habd when I did a 306-405 swap.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Ive got a spare 306 k14 to put on for him. Im sure that i can just swap the elbow not the whole turbo. But if needs must. As for the "holding back" you can feel in the high revs its an issue and as we "modded" the exhaust its reduced its size fairly to get it up and running hence the build ip in back pressure. More to on this on the weekend when i swap the bits over for final testing hopefully

Thanks given by:
So i've been driving around for a week with the turbo engine and its been totally problem free apart from some the noise and sometimes gases caused by the "modded" exhaust. Luckily the new one showed up late Friday.
I managed to cram the full exhaust system into the 205... being basically the length of the car this took some persuasion but this time without a hammer.
Went down to Tom's and he got the elbow swapped over and fitted new exhaust fitted, then off for a test drive Big Grin

Oh My God this thing is rapid now! I couldn't believe the acceleration first time i put my foot down. Absolutely mental!

Thanks given by:
This thing is epic now glad to have had a hand in this conversion

Thanks given by:
Got a few little bits done this weekend. 
new rocker cover gasket - hopefully an end to the leaky engine. 
sorted out an air intake and did some minor air flow modifications to the grille. probably makes no difference but hey hoe.
[Image: c0389401f35d1bb0cf30b8eb4b950331.jpg]

While doing this i noticed the temp sensor on my rad is leaking Sad
I'm starting to get used to the fact that whenever i fix something, i will find a new problem
My engine bay is looking seriously gross now, i think the only fluids that havent leaked yet are brake and washer fluid....

[Image: c647dd9ddf5eb2ed5ece1b86c339bb64.jpg]
But I'm having a blast driving this around in full sleeper spec, although i do want to get some better brakes, wheels and lower suspension on next Smile
Thanks given by:
That's been cross threaded in
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2017, 08:19 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: That's been cross threaded in

I don't think so, just the washer and its taken from a weird angle.... either way a replacement is in the post
Thanks given by:
Whats the new exhaust you got from? A turbo diesel 205 i guess? Poss may change mine as it touches the main gear rod
Thanks given by:
Its an srdt one. Standard fitment on them. Buy whole system and will direct fit the 306/205 turbo with no knocka or bangs Wink

Thanks given by:
If you want some better brakes I'll have a set of 266mm calipers and discs for sale soon (will fit under 14" wheels) as I'm converting Tom's old car to 283mm discs.
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2017, 12:20 PM)Frosty Wrote: Whats the new exhaust you got from? A turbo diesel 205 i guess? Poss may change mine as it touches the main gear rod

as Bash said its 205 STDT exhaust from klarius, £100 all in. Its actually a surprisingly good fit, totally worth it.

(08-05-2017, 04:49 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If you want some better brakes I'll have a set of 266mm calipers and discs for sale soon (will fit under 14" wheels) as I'm converting Tom's old car to 283mm discs.

I got some callipers, just waiting for some wheels they will fit under..... thanks tho
Thanks given by:
Fitted the new temp sensor but noticed the thermostat housing is leaking in the process... agfhrshvssarydx
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2017, 08:34 PM)Doseph Wrote: Fitted the new temp sensor but noticed the thermostat housing is leaking in the process... agfhrshvssarydx

Welcome to Peugeot ownership. Wait till you go to change the clutch only to find your crank seal leaking.
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2017, 01:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(15-05-2017, 08:34 PM)Doseph Wrote: Fitted the new temp sensor but noticed the thermostat housing is leaking in the process... agfhrshvssarydx

Welcome to Peugeot ownership. Wait till you go to change the clutch only to find your crank seal leaking.

ahaa I'm getting used to it now
It's got a pretty new clutch on it so i can ignore that problem for a whole and i think I've fixed all the oil leaks on the xud now....
Thanks given by:
A couple pictures my friend took after it was washed. Taking this to a show might not be total embarrassment....

Thanks given by:
My drivers seatbelt is badly frayed so fitted this one from ginge.

Turns out the ratchet doesn't release until you bolt it in which confused to f*ck out of me

Thanks given by:
Told you man. Its the angle of the dangle woth them

Thanks given by:
(21-05-2017, 02:19 PM)Doseph Wrote:

i think I've fixed all the oil leaks on the xud now....

sorry but not possible Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2017, 07:37 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(21-05-2017, 02:19 PM)Doseph Wrote:

i think I've fixed all the oil leaks on the xud now....

sorry but not possible Big Grin

A girl can dream!
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
Hey Doseph...guess who has got a passenger front door that OPENS FROM THE INSIDE!!! Woo...Hoo!!!

not the easiest job(never done it before) and had the inner panel off twice when the B****Y  Button stuck  (pushed on when unlocked...DOH) but I am made up...Thanks Mate!

ps first time I fitted it the central locking was shooting open again after I locked it...It was ahem a senior moment as I had left the drivers side slightly cracked open so I wouldnt be locked out for your lock had the deadlock plug on it... Yet another fail on the Pug Learning curve!
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2017, 03:50 PM)unclebeast Wrote: Hey Doseph...guess who has got a passenger front door that OPENS FROM THE INSIDE!!! Woo...Hoo!!!

not the easiest job(never done it before) and had the inner panel off twice when the B****Y  Button stuck  (pushed on when unlocked...DOH) but I am made up...Thanks Mate!

ps first time I fitted it the central locking was shooting open again after I locked it...It was ahem a senior moment as I had left the drivers side slightly cracked open so I wouldnt be locked out for your lock had the deadlock plug on it... Yet another fail on the Pug Learning curve!

Awesome glad to hear its all working Smile

I was thinking about how much fun you'd have fitting it when i was attempting to manoeuver the part out of the door. safe to say the doors on a 205 are much easier to work with!

...now just the chrome trim
Thanks given by:
Looks a pretty tidy car in the pics. You coming to pufest or fcs this year?
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2017, 08:38 PM)Frosty Wrote: Looks a pretty tidy car in the pics. You coming to pufest or fcs this year?

Thanks Big Grin
Just going to COTG and that's probably it for shows this year
car parts are taking precedence over car shows right now
Thanks given by: