Megane 265

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megane 265
So I've had it around 3 months now,

I haven't given it a good clean yet just basic clean so far....

Done a few little mods so far, not got any pictures as of yet though:

Led number plate lights
Led interior lights
Bought carbon fiber badge covers (yet to fit)
Thanks given by:
Thought you had been abit quiet!

265 or last of the 250's? Smile how you enjoying it?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2017, 12:49 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Thought you had been abit quiet!

265  Tongue  I've bought a house as well, needed a lot more doing than originally planned lol, hence me not sharing much, should be back on here more now tough Itwasntme  my super high boost 306 is seeing some love this weekend as well Tongue going to a restoration place in cardiff to get any rust cut out an being treated Smile

The megane though it's honestly so confidence inspiring it's abit scary, I  adore it though  Heart

Looked at a 275 undecided on the front end of the 275 so had a long think about it, and asked a few friends most of them preferred the older front, so its what I got Tongue

Any thing I missed out on here? I see dum dum has got a truck Tongue
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2017, 02:09 PM)Lwilliams Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 12:49 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Thought you had been abit quiet!

265  Tongue  I've bought a house as well, needed a lot more doing than originally planned lol, hence me not sharing much, should be back on here more now tough Itwasntme  my super high boost 306 is seeing some love this weekend as well Tongue going to a restoration place in cardiff to get any rust cut out an being treated Smile

The megane though it's honestly so confidence inspiring it's abit scary, I  adore it though  Heart

Looked at a 275 undecided on the front end of the 275 so had a long think about it, and asked a few friends most of them preferred the older front, so its what I got Tongue

Any thing I missed out on here? I see dum dum has got a truck Tongue

Ive bought a load more cars & landrovers as per usual, chris has a ranger and most people and plowing on with epic projects in usual 306oc fashion Big Grin

I also prefer the 265 front end to the 275, friend of mine is selling his 265 trophy in liquid yellow  Inlove
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I looked for a liquid yellow one -.-, couldn't find a 265 in one with low miles though "/ tbh wern't that fussed on white, I wanted liquid yellow all the other colors are just ugly lol, maybe the red is ok but rare. The normal yellow is like mustard color, an that was ugly as well Tongue

Will get some more pictures up soon when I get a spare weekend to clean it tidy Smile
Thanks given by:
Glad you havent given in with the 306 luke, megane looks nice Smile
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Good choice mate! I've got a modded Megane 230 and havent looked at a 306 since!
Thanks given by:
Been looking at some wheels for this lately, for what ever reason Renault has the offset at +65 and a 8.25" width with a 5 x 114.3 PCD. This obviously limits my options a fair amount.

I've been looking at wheels for hours the last 2 day's, I wanted 19's to fit over some new 355mm Discs, haven't done the math but from looking at O.E sizes they should fit. Also I wanted them fairly wide 9"+.

I've come up with these:
http://projexuk.com/wheels/judd/t311_no_bolts/mattblack
http://bolawheels.co.uk/bola-csr/
http://www.ozracing.com/wheels/oz-racing...turismo-lm
http://www.acealloywheel.com/5-SPLIT-SPO..._1094.html
http://www.acealloywheel.com/6-SPLIT-SPO...5_op4.html

The Judd and Bola wheels Im not to sure about quality etc as I havent heard much in the way of them, the dealer I'm using did rate them so I guess they are ok.... anyone heard anything of them?

Most of the wheels above will be 19x9.5-10 and a ET45+

Thought's anyone?
Thanks given by:
the big offset is due to the special renaultsport hubs.

5x114.3 is massively common jap pattern, and also Ferrari and american Ford

if at all possible I'd look at 18" and keep a sensible amount of sidewall.

Of course a dealer of wheels will reckon the wheels he is selling at a decent profit will be good Wink
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I like the Bola CSRs!

How does the Megane compare to your 306 high boost to drive?
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2017, 03:17 PM)welshpug Wrote: the big offset is due to the special renaultsport hubs.

5x114.3 is massively common jap pattern, and also Ferrari and american Ford

if at all possible I'd look at 18" and keep a sensible amount of sidewall.

Of course a dealer of wheels will reckon the wheels he is selling at a decent profit will be good Wink

Thanks Mei, yeah found a good variety of wheels with that PCD just hard to try and match the ET, I may get the superturismo's with the ET45 and 9.5" if they will fit, if not will be 8.5". Then as you said Mei I'd like to keep some side wall also so I've been looking at the TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 ET63 for track wheels (I'm not sure if 18's will fit over 355mm discs though I have to space the calipers out to fit this discs)

(04-02-2017, 05:30 PM)reese Wrote: I like the Bola CSRs!

How does the Megane compare to your 306 high boost to drive?

Yeah the Bola CSR's are nice mate just not seen as much in the performance side of things so slightly been put off by them.

The SHB is absolutely nuts to drive I love it sooooo much, my mate has a 2016 RS3 de cated but the GTi blows it out of the water for sound, to me (personal opinion) I don't think I've heard a car (from the inside) sound as good as what the GTi sounds like.

To drive I got to be honest the meg would defiantly feel better around a track, it is very very stable at any speed. No joke so far I've had 171 Mph out of it and it was unbelievably stable for me as the driver (not sure how the passenger feels bouncing around lol).

Max grip I'm going to assume the Meg is better but I've not had the meg or GTi out on track yet. Meg's brakes are going to be better I assume it had the updated Brembo calipers, (the ones on the GTi are the old RS's brembo's) plus the meg has 10mm bigger brakes standard compared to the ones on the GTi atm. Plus the Gti is only currently on a fast road setup so the suspension is pretty poor need to get a good setup on it tbh, just been putting me of with the paint work/ body work that needs to be done to it.

Acceleration wise I feel as if the megane would be a dot in the mirror of the GTi it just feels so aggressive after 4.5k-5k, mainly for me I just love the sound. Defiantly feels like more power in the meg pre 4k though, just good torque low down I assume.

Don't think I've lost to any car in the GTi yet. Did try messing about with a GTR but he was having none of it, did mess about with a corsa VXR with 412bhp, coming off a roundabout by the time I was at the end of 4th,  I must of had 10 car lengths on him. My mates mv agusta f3 675 absolutly destroyed me to about 80 but then the car gets the power down so we started at 70 and I pulled hard on him in every gear. Now he has a 2016 R1 and he's going to destroy me at any speed lol.

Anything specific you want to know just ask Smile, will be going to pretty much all car shows this year, going to the spring performance an most likely go out on track if anyone wants to jump in.
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
So... the plan was to spend some money on this... kinda messed it up by buying this lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Also gave the cars a wash Smile

I bought my wheels also Smile just waiting for the weather to put them on Smile

Anyone know whats up with the picture sizes?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Need to resize your pics mate they are too big Smile

Bike looks awesome!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Megane 230 R26 - detailing content ginge191 69 28,155 22-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  Megane RenaultSport 2.0 DCI175 **Back Boostin** CJ_Derv 203 73,905 07-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv