The Pajero.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pajero.
So I thought I may as well post a pic of the Pajero up. 
Had it about 3 months now. Had to change the water pump shortly after i got it but otherwise it's been fine, apart from it recently decided it didn't need all the manifold studs and I found half of one in the engine bay and a boost leak as a result. Will drill it in situ and hope for the best
2.8 Turbo Diesel,  with a mitsubishi copy of a VE pump,  so tuneable. 

I have no idea who the M.G belongs to.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Big trucks ftw. Need another pajero/shogun!!
Thanks given by:
I loved my pajero!
So much fun and the ranges the gearboxes offers are incredible!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Now I see why you want my tyres.
Thanks given by:
Shit trucks.. Should've bought a landrover. /Thread

Jokes, looks a tidy one! Smile engines are bulletproof and they are comfy to drive. Any plans to modify it?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yes Dum, they will fit perfect as it stands.

Cheers Matt.
No massive mods planned really, 2" lift, pump tune up and may look at fitting the GT2052V I have in the shed, been done before so not breaking any new ground there. Maybe FMIC if I can be bothered.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2016, 05:53 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Yes Dum,  they will fit perfect as it stands.

Cheers Matt.
No massive mods planned really,  2" lift, pump tune up and may look at fitting the GT2052V I have in the shed, been done before so not breaking any new ground there. Maybe FMIC if I can be bothered.

If you find me a set of 235/85R16 AT or MT tyres and have them fitted onto my brand new 16" steels I'd happily give you the 31" MTs on the 15" alloys.

I'm not really running a FMIC at all, the standard FMIC was shit so I've just got a U-bend of 57mm alloy pipe in it's place. Appears to cause it no ill effects.
Thanks given by:
ROS

RNS

FOS

FNS

Thanks given by:
Y.H.P.M.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Still doing sterling service.  Done thousands of miles in it now and the fuel costs aren't horrendous.  
Drilled out the manifold stud and re-tapped it. All good. 
Wastegate tightened up, pump attempted to fiddle but it's not been fettled in 24 years so is needing work to undo bolts/screws. 
Will be more fun with more fuel, has responded well to the wastegate adjustment. 

A pic.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Pump has been fiddled with.
Needs a better turbo.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Towing the bikes to the track. 
. I don't like towing the bikes about as everyone can see what you have,  there's a fair few pikeys round here and bikes get stolen often,  as per my post last year when I lost two bikes.
The sooner the transit is done,  the better. 

Not my address these pics are taken from.
Google Street view will not help here.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Not got a tarp you can chuck over the bikes for towing?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That's the least of my worries at the moment.
I think it has shit it's head/gasket.
Bumhats. It'll get sorted though, too good a truck to throw away over that.
Brand new built up heads aren't too expensive.

Still hoping that it is cavitation caused by a massive leak on the water pump gasket, it's leaking quite bad.

ETA. It did overheat due to water loss, I didn't realise the gasket was leaking.
Not good.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I got lucky for once.
New water pump has done the trick, no more bubbling in the rad, must have been cavitation from the failed bearing.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Knocking noise from front end tracked down to strut bushes.
New poly bushes on the way from Mitzibits.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by: