[Image: 20161008_195144_zpsqsi38png.jpg]
[Image: 20161008_195153_zpssz1nt8mt.jpg]
Had to enlarge these

[Image: 20161008_201647_zpsv35aoojz.jpg]
Taadaa
Thanks given by:
Holy shit that's made a difference!
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2016, 10:53 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Known as a steering guibo, they're made of rubber when OEM and over the years wear giving you 'sloppy' steering around the centre of the wheel. Replacing it with this will get rid of the play around the centre and make turning more direct

Pretty much what I've just bought for the scooby then. The WRX has a rubber, the STi doesn't and I've got some slop so I think it's that and bought a STi one. The rubber is right next to the outlet of the turbo so I can only assume constant heat cycles is not helping it.
Thanks given by:
you want some bolts in there not screws, and some nylocs!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
It's got locking washers (nord locks). No point putting nylocs as it's so close to the exhaust header

Was struggling to get shanked bolts. They're 8.8 grades in the at the moment
Thanks given by:
ahh fair enough on the nylocs! youll easily get capheaded bilts in that size.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
It was a last minute trip to screwfix for the bolts
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it made a big difference, tried getting one from that guy you bought from but he said he's sold out and not doing anymore (complained the chinese copying him, ripping him off etc..). Managed to find a company who make them in the UK for £16 delivered with lifetime warranty though, bargain!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I should of looked harder, I paid nearly 40
Thanks given by:
In fairness, everywhere I looked before was about 30-35 and they wanted 60 if it was already pre-assembled. Company was 'i6 automotive' they do loads of other stuff, swirl flap blanks, vanos seals etc.. so may be worth looking at them if you need anything in future
Thanks given by:
That's where I got the vanos seals from funnily enough.
Lightning fast delivery

Just a few plans for the future suspension wise

Lower slightly on eibachs,
M-sport wishbones to get rid of the horrid rubber bushe around the ball joint
M-sport rear bushes
Get tracking done to match changes
Uprate arbs back and front

Unsure what to do on the rear
Thanks given by:
That's good to hear anyway.

I didn't think there was any difference in the rear wishbone bushes between SE/Msport (at least on the e46 anyway) but I swapped out mine for polybushes, sharpens up the front a fair bit with not much change in noise/ride. The rear RTABS can benefit from being swapped out for poly's, other than that just swapping out the bushes for new OEM is a good shout. They're all getting to the point where the subframe bushes are starting to get a bit soft so that'll probably be on the list at some point. That along with the diff bushes.

Speaking of which, have you had a look by the subframe mounting points?
Thanks given by:
DISA valve repair kit ordered
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2016, 04:13 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: That's where I got the vanos seals from funnily enough.
Lightning fast delivery

Just a few plans for the future suspension wise

Lower slightly on eibachs,
M-sport wishbones to get rid of the horrid rubber bushe around the ball joint
M-sport rear bushes
Get tracking done to match changes
Uprate arbs back and front

Unsure what to do on the rear

Here is my plan:

Front: Meyle HD wishbones and lollipops. New strut topmounts with either OE Sachs/Eibachs or H&R Cup kit.

Rear: Struts and springs as above but with possibly M3 top mounts, uprated OE M3 trailing arm bushes (possibly with the Vorschlag kit), lower adjustable arms (again M3 maybe).

Eibach arb kit front and rear.

As you know, just had my subframe bushes changed to poly too and full 4 wheel alignment.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20161015_135024_zps37p3ea2i.jpg]

Replaced the disa flap with the one from i6. Also like a deep I left the maf plug off

Goes well now
Thanks given by:
Goes well now.

Bit jumpy sometimes, going to clean out the throttle body

Oil change as well next
Thanks given by:
Right been a while

Changed the Rtabs for m3 items, made a makeshift puller from a vag rtab tool

[Image: IMG-20161030-WA0002_zpsedv0wsyt.jpeg]

Changed the rear strut top mounts, funnily enough they were bmw (lemforder) just had the logo ground off

[Image: IMG-20161029-WA0001_zpstjm8qfqb.jpeg]

Changed the front arb bushes as there was a knock

[Image: 20161025_193243_zpsm3fw3nxb.jpg]

Also changed the oil, which hasn't been changed in a loooong time by the looks of it and same went for the fuel filter! I think the previous garage was mugging him off

2 new tyres on the rear also and changed one of the rear control arms. Couldn't get the bolt out for the NS as the diff has to come out
Today changed one strut top mount, nearly ended up with a spring compressor in my face
Thanks given by:
Got meyle HD arms ready to go on Smile
Going to lower it on h&r springs next

Also on the hunt for bigger sway bars
Thanks given by:
Think Eibach, H&R and Whiteline do uprated rollbars for these. How do you find the throttle response (pedal wise) on this? Can be mapped pretty easily (done mine)
Thanks given by:
what a joke those lemforder vs bmw parts are!
Thanks given by:
got some Meyle stuff on my E34, seems good so far, got a bit of wandering about which I think is probably the FAI arm I fitted about 2 years ago.
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2017, 09:38 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Think Eibach, H&R and Whiteline do uprated rollbars for these. How do you find the throttle response (pedal wise) on this? Can be mapped pretty easily (done mine)

Was that a map on a petrol or diesel? Much gains?

Find the throttle response pretty lazy to be honest
Thanks given by:
any pics of the car yet??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20170115-WA0014_zps8ven5jru.jpeg]

[Image: IMG-20170115-WA0012_zpsubidyd0a.jpeg]

[Image: IMG-20170115-WA0017_zps173vppez.jpeg]

Meyle Arms fitted, massive difference!

Ashamed to post any as I haven't washed it since I got it lol
Thanks given by:
After looking at midnight clubs thread in off to get an exhaust cam sensor. Mine seems down on power
Thanks given by:
Petrol mate, in terms of actual HP 0 because I've only touched the throttle (pedal) map as its really easy to change but does make a huge difference, so far.. Can change literally any map on the ECU, but need a wideband ideally, logging data at the minimum. Can all be done diy though. Can even change it so the ECU only reads lambda of bank 1, then you can put a wideband in bank 2 in the spare hole. Not huge gains to be made power wise up top, but can gain up to 15hp across the midrange by tweaking vanos, disa and timing and fueling to match. If you dont mind losing the immo/ews then you can even have launch control. Only need a laptop, inpa cable, tuner pro (free)

Thought id posted this earlier, only clicked preview lol.
Thanks given by:
thanks for that

I'll look into it

Fitted the cam shaft sensor. Yet to take it for a drive

[Image: 20170129_134806_zpsnsjfqxlk.jpg]

[Image: 20170129_145633_zpsk8ufztcs.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Want to get a m-sport bumper and black masks along with black kidney grill
Thanks given by:
No worries, I'll answer any questions i can. Decent info at www.ms43wiki.com

You can actually take the headlights apart really easily on these, just pop apart then the lenses can be sprayed. May be an idea to paint your current kidneys too, apparently the aftermarket black ones don't fit quite so well ive heard
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul's Evo V paulgtt 3 1,485 06-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: paulgtt