Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield...
Video 
(16-08-2016, 08:30 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Still not seem this about,  can't wait to see it smoking off tho not that I'd see it for long on my bx nad but still be awesome to see it.

It's only been out twice in the last few weeks. Still managed to embarass a Golf and Beemer who were racing off Whit' moor up the Dronfield bypass though. Glanced across as I passed them both and they looked shocked. Air filter has been holding it back so was out on test after James suggested I remove it. I've ordered an S2000 one but need to make a nice reducer to fit it. Next jobs are fit that filter and swap to Gti subframe with 309 arms.
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2016, 05:10 PM)399road Wrote:
(16-08-2016, 08:30 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Still not seem this about,  can't wait to see it smoking off tho not that I'd see it for long on my bx nad but still be awesome to see it.

It's only been out twice in the last few weeks. Still managed to embarass a Golf and Beemer who were racing off Whit' moor up the Dronfield bypass though. Glanced across as I passed them both and they looked shocked. Air filter has been holding it back so was out on test after James suggested I remove it. I've ordered an S2000 one but need to make a nice reducer to fit it. Next jobs are fit that filter and swap to Gti subframe with 309 arms.

hahaha! Id have loved to have seen that! two of then giving it some and then a old 205 diesel just flies past.

I have had a look at the photo of the rear, and you want to see if you can find OEM NA diesel badges, or trim for the boot.
So it looks well sleeper!  I kept the 1.1s badge on mine, and added the spoiler which makes no difference, as the 1.1c sport had one too, as well as the later 1.1s models.  
[Image: 2016-03-05%2012.49.49_zpsbex0badq.jpg]
I have done people and when they have caught up, and clocked the badge and thought Huh
Thanks given by:
Haha. Racing Metro is cool. I've sorted the badging now but nobody seems to know what it's hinting at. I'll take a photo tomorrow and see what you think. My mate laughed at it when he saw it at our Retro rides meet.
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2016, 07:43 PM)399road Wrote: Haha. Racing Metro is cool. I've sorted the badging now but nobody seems to know what it's hinting at. I'll take a photo tomorrow and see what you think. My mate laughed at it when he saw it at our Retro rides meet.

Metros have as much street credit as a lada sadly, in fact I think a lada has more!
Thanks given by:
One of my neighbours asked me what motor is in that little Peugeot earlier. He clocked the 3" pipe sneaking out the bottom of the back box and thought something looked suspicious. He laughed and said that's some funny sneaky shit there.
Thanks given by:
[Image: WP_20160828_18_28_54_Pro_zpsyxphetaf.jpg]

New tailgate badge gives a subtle warning not to mess with the little Peugeot.
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2016, 08:14 PM)399road Wrote: One of my neighbours asked me what motor is in that little Peugeot earlier. He clocked the 3" pipe sneaking out the bottom of the back box and thought something looked suspicious. He laughed and said that's some funny sneaky shit there.

at least you can say its a diesel, the badge side, I am not a fan of sadly, would look better if it was more OEM.
Thanks given by:
Thought about making a GTR badge in the Peugeot script, but decided the AMG black series one would do. I thought Peugeot did a GTR badge on a 405 but couldn't be sure.
Thanks given by:
going back to the back box you did, some one did that with the same back box that I have at the moment, They added a janspeed system and hid it like yours. Looked well neat. I am toying with that idea too.
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2016, 09:51 PM)399road Wrote: Bit of an update. The 205 is still going strong and has only been defeated by one car - a C63 AMG! Not bad for an old smoker. Was hoping to dyno it at Mattcheese's dyno day Saturday but it's been postponed until later this year. Got a GTI subframe to fit next and also whip axle over to Stef205's for a rebuild and lowering. I've bought another old Opel which needs a few jobs doing too, but I'll try and finish the Peugeot first..... Luke.

ahhhh don't worry i'll set it up for later in the year, look forward to seeing it mate, should be tres' fun indeed Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2016, 07:40 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(15-08-2016, 09:51 PM)399road Wrote: Bit of an update. The 205 is still going strong and has only been defeated by one car - a C63 AMG! Not bad for an old smoker. Was hoping to dyno it at Mattcheese's dyno day Saturday but it's been postponed until later this year. Got a GTI subframe to fit next and also whip axle over to Stef205's for a rebuild and lowering. I've bought another old Opel which needs a few jobs doing too, but I'll try and finish the Peugeot first..... Luke.

ahhhh don't worry i'll set it up for later in the year, look forward to seeing it mate, should be tres' fun indeed Big Grin

It'll give me a bit more time to perfect it, so it's not all bad really. Just wondered what kind of power it had.
Thanks given by:
Oh no, the turbo's gone. Poor old red can't carry on. Ordered a rebuild and an upgrade to roller bearing with a billet compressor wheel. Lost boost this afternoon and got a loud wailing noise. Limped it home ok though. It'll come back stronger.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2016, 07:50 PM)399road Wrote: Oh no, the turbo's gone. Poor old red can't carry on. Ordered a rebuild and an upgrade to roller bearing with a billet compressor wheel. Lost boost this afternoon and got a loud wailing noise. Limped it home ok though. It'll come back stronger.

What a night mare!! hope that you sort it quickly!
Thanks given by:
Get her fettled for t' rolling road day, see I knew you needed more time Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2016, 08:56 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Get her fettled for t' rolling road day, see I knew you needed more time Big Grin

Yeah. Glad it didn't expire in front of an audience. I was plodding along slowly when it went.

(02-09-2016, 09:13 PM)procta Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 07:50 PM)399road Wrote: Oh no, the turbo's gone. Poor old red can't carry on. Ordered a rebuild and an upgrade to roller bearing with a billet compressor wheel. Lost boost this afternoon and got a loud wailing noise. Limped it home ok though. It'll come back stronger.

What a night mare!! hope that you sort it quickly!

Thanks. It'll be back out giving it some "let me at him uncle Scoob" in no time at all.
Thanks given by:
are you planning on making changes? while the turbo is getting sorted,
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2016, 06:56 PM)procta Wrote: are you planning on making changes? while the turbo is getting sorted,

Only that roller bearing and billet compressor wheel conversion. I've still not fitted the gti subframe and 309 lower arms, so might do those while it's in bits. Been doing a bit on my newest Opel Manta, so the 205 took a back seat.
Thanks given by:
opel mantas! I love those!!!
why not if the car is in bits, I am going to do a few things too, before the car hits back on the road again.
Thanks given by:
Haha. Little 205 sat right on the arse of a shiny white 65 plate Audi S3 last night and stayed there all the way past 100. Good ol' Xud....
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2016, 08:35 PM)399road Wrote: Haha. Little 205 sat right on the arse of a shiny white 65 plate Audi S3 last night and stayed there all the way past 100. Good ol' Xud....

Haha, I  bet the driver was like Huh  and you had a poker face on as though f*ck all was happening,
Thanks given by:
This needs some videos Smile
Thanks given by:
Haha. It stunk of burning but I kept it flat out. Just off to one side of him too as if I was trying to overtake. When we got to the next traffic lights him and his mate looked shocked. I just looked across and gave them a nod and a smirk. Off next roundabout I murdered 205 up to about 70 to show him yep, it was true and then calmly eased off as if he wasn't worth the effort. He then came past flat out. I love my sleeper.
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2016, 08:14 PM)399road Wrote: Haha. It stunk of burning but I kept it flat out. Just off to one side of him too as if I was trying to overtake. When we got to the next traffic lights him and his mate looked shocked. I just looked across and gave them a nod and a smirk. Off next roundabout I murdered 205 up to about 70 to show him yep, it was true and then calmly eased off as if he wasn't worth the effort. He then came past flat out. I love my sleeper.

Great stuff! i remember when me and my dad got the GTa up and running, some fool in a ford focus decided to over take me on the far end lane, which was a 3 lane job. I said to my dad this fool is going to race me, so hang on.
i didnt have the proper tyres on at the time, just had the standard skinnies on. It would wheel spin easy if i was aggressive. Anyway lead him into a false sense of security buy pulling away slowly as though the car wasnt all that powerful, and then I just let the car go. I caught him with in seconds and hung him out to dry. My dad was laughing his tits off and still does to this day when we talk about it.  The fool in the ford focus wouldn't look over, and had a very embarrassed look on his face. He was just lucky due to the arounderabout that we were approaching. Other wise id have used him has bog roll.
Also a new fiesta got a nasty shock too, after thinking its only a metro and his mate was laughing. I pulled straight behind him and sat the car right off his arse. He ended up pulling with his tail in between his legs, he couldnt do nothing. I was just there and practically shoving him along.
This one has seen off an older skoda estate, which was funny. That fella ended up catching up with me later, on the road. He clocked the METRO 1.1S and his face was a picture! we had drag raced up to about 80, before going on to the A19.
Thanks given by:
Haha, that Metro sounds cool. There's a couple of K engine'd Metros started coming to our old car meet in Sheffield now each month. One is VVC'd too!
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2016, 08:44 PM)399road Wrote: Haha, that Metro sounds cool. There's a couple of K engine'd Metros started coming to our old car meet in Sheffield now each month. One is VVC'd too!

The K engined ones are nippy little f*ckers, compared to the some of the cars of that era, Ie the ford fiesta and corsa.  VVC'd ones are mental if you drive them hard! They are fun cars and have bags of character standard and modded. With them been that under rated they really do cause bit of a shock. But when working properly they are reliable little f*ckers.  A series ones are quite hard to get hold of now and cost a small fortune due to how rare they are. Again two lads on the metro owners club done a A series van up to about 200 bhp, cost a fare whack and caused a stir at santa pod.  Even shocked a Honda VTech too. Sadly that engine went bang and the shell was sold off, not sure if it even survives now.
Thanks given by:
Love the sleeper look will surprise most people. What kind of power is it running?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2016, 09:01 PM)adampug Wrote: Love the sleeper look will surprise most people. What kind of power is it running?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm not sure what power it is. I'm sure Darren's dyno will tell when I get an axle back on it.
Thanks given by:
Axle's finally on and MOT is booked for Saturday, so it'll be back out again next week. A mate has just bought a brand new Focus RS so I'll be waiting for him next week to see how I do against that. Not expecting to beat it but I shouldn't be far off.
Thanks given by:
Whats this thing like to get the power down with? I find my 205 with a slightly tuned xud turbo lump doesn't get the power down in the first couple of gears and in the wet can struggle in 3rd. With the power/torque yours is running i would imagine it to be worse?
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2016, 07:25 AM)Frosty Wrote: Whats this thing like to get the power down with? I find my 205 with a slightly tuned xud turbo lump doesn't get the power down in the first couple of gears and in the wet can struggle in 3rd. With the power/torque yours is running i would imagine it to be worse?

Nope, it launches hard and only wheelspins if you absolutely murder it in 2nd. It has Falken 155 70 13 tyres, 205gti front subframe and new 309 gti bottom arms. This wheelspin has only just started now I've fitted a lowered axle. Before this it was quite high at the back and put the power down even better. Just ordered a powered by fairydust sticker for really pissing off victims.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen Dispatch Sleeper Kind of.. Will 2 1,904 15-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END procta 621 209,055 07-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  205 dt sleeper, engine in :) Paul_13 171 54,095 20-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13