Volvo Gdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo Gdi
The new car.. an S40 1.8 GDi (the mitsubishi engine one) full of cruise control, climate control, ABS, Heated Leather...comfy barge

just cruising round in it atm, but plenty of stuff to do, theres a fairly hectic clunk o the front suspension, engine management light comes on and off at random, so may have to buy a scanner for some codes, plenty of stuff to sort on the bodywork, thankfully not dents... Smile

160k - miiint

no plans at present, just here for to make not broken down

Smile
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
I like the yellow thing
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
so did i but it's gonnnnnn lol

or do you mean the marina view clamping sign?
Thanks given by:
Nope...the 306. Why this choice!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you bought something with lacquer peel as a reminder of 306s... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hey Tom.... Mine has no laqcuer peel yet! Tongue
Thanks given by:
not so much of a choice as much as it was available and cheap... got it off my older brother who has just bought a 4x4 and is having more fun with that lol

thought laquer peel was standard features on all red cars? lol
Thanks given by:
Well I err....at least it's comfy? Quite the opposite to the previous one
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Paint it yellow!
Thanks given by:
Erm, I don't even know what to say.
Thanks given by:
speak your mind chris, it's shit, why etc...

i don't intend to have it long, it's a bit too ... middle aged
Thanks given by:
Isn't middle aged buying lairy sports cars, cabriolets and motorbikes more powerful than you can handle? I think that's more retirement age...golf clubs in the boot etc. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
if it was rwd, go drifting Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2016, 10:52 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Erm, I don't even know what to say.

Yeah...hence my comment.

I genuinely think these are in my top 10 cars of all time i would rather die than be seen in/own. Just awful. Awful engine, sloppy handling and those looks :/

You need another 306 John!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
well, i never said i loved it, it's not as bad as that though, the 1.8 mitsu engine is a direct injection fly by wire throttle jobby (dislike this but it isn't awful, just a bit...meh), it's missing 200cc and a turbo to make it into an evo engine, fair power, good mileage sofar, gets about 50mpg on a run with cruise turned on, round town it's about 25-30ish, bit tappy but that can be sorted with cams out and a new set of lifters with 3mm rather than 1mm oilways (from the 4G63 iirc)

as far as the handling goes, it's no F1 car, it's not meant to be, it's a cruiser, it has pathetic ARB's at both ends and softish springs, but it;s roll centre is pretty low anyways so it isn't wallowy,

as far as 306's go, i'd be tempted by a derv, preferably with a bosch and a snail down the back, but as evrything goes the provisos, it can't be broken, it must have MOT, not be full of questionable substances and rust like the last one, cheap (sub£300) and near enough so i don't spend more than £50ish going to get it... so basically in yorkshire somewhere.

the volvo isn't exciting, it isn't massively fast (faster than the POS 1.4 yellow turd) it's comfy, big, boring, but it works, and to get the kids to school on a monday and to get me places i want to go without being broken when it gets there, it fits the bill for now
Thanks given by:
Isn't this the same as the one I had, albeit petrol not diesel? If so the handling was shocking lol, managed to lose the rear end on a corner I take faster several times a week in the Focus. Roundabouts were also interesting, basically end up on the passenger seat. Tongue

That said, as an A to B car it wasn't bad, certainly not in my top 10 list of all time shit cars anyway!! lol
Thanks given by:
well, today it showed how badly it's been looked after, burst a front brake hose... bang style, fluid everywhere, ABS unit sensed a fluid loss and promptly pumped everything out... so no clutch or brakes at all at 30mph,

winning so much
Thanks given by:
Direct competition for the most boring "project thread" (I use that term lightly) with the diesel fuckus on here. ?
Thanks given by:
tell you what, i'll stay quiet for 6 months then upload what i've done then, all in one go, better?
Thanks given by:
Not sure the 'I'm new, be nice' tag applies to him. Tongue

Was the brake hose noted on MOT or anything? Bit worrying they can just fail like that without warning! Easy enough to sort though I guess unless it's all rusted solid?
Thanks given by:
Right, bit more than 6 months, but it's been pretty quiet, as per instruction i have infact had a set of golf clubs in the boot for a while, and actually been to a golf course - at which i sucked badly, i doubt i'm going back Tongue

I have come across a few issues over the summer, but all pretty minor,

1 - boot lining is shit and lets water in - like a lot, it smells like rotten arse in there, i give it a febreeze once a month to keep the flies to a minimum, but i seriously think something died in there too
2 - i have lost the back end a few times on roundabouts, i think mainly due to the shitty winter tyres and lift off oversteer
3 - this thing EATS front balljoints, they circlip in to the pressed front arms, and the hole ovals out, being a tight bastard i havn't changed the current ones, as they're 30 quid a pair, i think i'm going to weld the next ones in
4 - replacing the brake pipes on this was a right faff, 5 hours under a car swearing at the guys in sweden who chose to put the pipes up over the (very full) fuel tank - so theres lot of cable ties under there now
5 - stilll taps like a derv now and then, sounds like one at startup, mainly due to the poor type of coil-on-plug ignition broken spring misfiring shit they made them with - they're £70 a coil for genuine ones, and non-genuine don't seem to exist atm, so cheap bastard once again rules - out with the sandpaper and voila! for 3 days or so
6- apocalyptically bad MPG, like 8mpg round town, still getting 45ish on a run though, maybe due to exhaust leaks from the badly made pattern parts from guinjong willfuckye china
7 - i hit a bump, the front grill fell off and i drove over it - not kidding - so it's got one made from old mesh i had in the cupboard and some body filler holding the old bits together
8- spark plugs are the kind of expensive that isn't funny

other than those minor bits, it's been comfortable, warm, it's not broken down much, it passed it's mot, it drove me and the kids to legoland and back, and has been just tooling around being sort of swedish, still waiting on a new paintjob in the spring, a spoiler, lowering and some exhausty stuff to make it more me

and it'll be getting sold shortly after i make it look and smell less like a turd on wheels
Thanks given by:
you don't want to weld the balljoints, you'll melt the nylon cup inside them and they'll be f*cked before it turns a wheel!

p.s, Mitsubishi floorpan, not Swedish design.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like this thing is worse than your 306 LOL
Thanks given by:
it's about the same, just shitty in different ways, it's a much nicer place to be in the drivers seat, it has less (LOL) cargo capacity than the pug, i could at least get a washing machine in the yellow turd, and it was easier to get a mountain bike in without taking off both wheels, but i'm NEVER buying another TU3 306, the only TU engines i'd consider (at a push) would be the 954cc or maybe a 16v in an AX.
Thanks given by:
At thirty quid a pair for bjs they're too cheap, try some decent ones and they might last a while. Might find cleaning out around the boot seal and giving the rear clusters a bit of silicone stops your leak.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
At 8mpg....

I'd be moving on to someone worththing having to live with 8mpg...

IE a nice car with power
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292067837804?s...1558.l2649

shits for sale

ended up like this :

just sat there for a couple months being shat on by seagulls, it's on the bay for 99p atm
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volvo 745 GLT Paodl 11 4,805 07-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Last Post: maxaret