405 daily driver

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
405 daily driver
Ok so got this Peugeot 405 GLD last month for £300.
Last owner did about 30k over the 7 or so years he owned it so its in nice condition in and out.

Here is the car when me and Bash picked her up

Weekend after saw about making that dent less of an eye saw
and this weekend, put some alloys on which looks sooooo much better

Need to get rid of that fistable arch gap, get a Boosh pump to convert to vege oil and also putting a turbo o

watch this space Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Love this!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Epic daily
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Cyclones look good! Wink Plans sound good as well tbh, definitely needs lowering lol.
Thanks given by:
Looking good, clones seem to suit it pretty well IMO
Thanks given by:
So an update...

Things have been going well, Ive done a few 250 - 500 mile round trips with no problems but a steep inclines and a squeaky brake

I've got a few little things done;

New wipers with spray bars that dont piss everywhere, the speakers are wired correctly and the wires soldered instead twisted together, my subwoofer is also in the back.

After the third set of brake disks and second set of pads i finally had the right parts to do my brakes with very necessary assistance of Tom (or bash-whoever) and another guy at the workshop who i think is a quiet admirer of the luxurious 405 and Toms 306 obsession

I started on my headlining which i think is looking pretty good so far.... but i am only halfway

Thanks given by:
Brakes look the same as S16 and early xsi 1s
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 07:22 AM)Frosty Wrote: Brakes look the same as S16 and early xsi 1s

No idea, I'm a newb. I started with solid disks and ended with vented ones, lesson is i should check whats in the box...

weirdly my brake-wear warning light came on the dash on my drive home from work Confused
Thanks given by:
should be an interesting project. the interior looks similar to the saab ones.
Thanks given by:
Lol my 306 obsession. Its true. Brake wear warning light we can have a nose Thursday night I guess man and get that roof lining done would be good.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 07:22 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Lol my 306 obsession. Its true. Brake wear warning light we can have a nose Thursday night I guess man and get that roof lining done would be good.

I got a new Stanley blade in preparation for headling. the warning light was just a flicker for a few seconds, its not there anymore.
I also washed my car, it's completely different kind of red now...
Thanks given by:
Have much love for this. What's the long term plans?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Looks good! Think it would look good on 205 speed lines!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Looks ace,keep up the great work.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 10:56 PM)Orta Wrote: Have much love for this. What's the long term plans?

Going to be putting a different engine in (with turbo) around May when my insurance is due for renewal.
Either a 1.9 or a 2.1  i dont know which one i should go for though.... although i hear there is no replacement for displacement.also looking for a Bosch pump so i can run veg oil  
then, finally im going to lower it maybe 30-40mm, not sure yet
I'd like some different wheels sometime but turbos are more important, let's be honest
Thanks given by:
Okay so change of plans. I was a douche and didn't change the cambelt so now my old car is in some scrappy In Wales [emoji22] however I just won this on eBay which already has a turbo and boosh pump and the luxury or air con!!
Just got to try pick it up from Northants and I'll be going woosh
Pics to follow

[Image: f799f8b7d8d093f890ca729742ac8a5e.jpg]
[Image: 0ef2c48a4cc1420a26c871ed1ec44ac0.jpg][Image: 4c8373a916b6fcf1c99ba559ae911764.jpg][Image: 43813a72126f3d3f3b9c661a520f6fe5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yahhh veg oil and BOOOOSSTT
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
So I the car seems to have been well looked after and also slightly modified...
On the way back home I was keeping up with my friends mk3 golf Gti so it's not a slug like the 2.0 flat diesel lump was.
A couple more pics [Image: a1a95aa7b859ba7da1aad44a53b105be.jpg]
The all important turbo d badge
[Image: a7566b59b4dd09d0ede6e726eb6a71f6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mk3 golf GTI is no bench mark of performance! A 205 XS was quicker to 60 than the 8v golf!

I do love a good 405, had my first drive in a MI16 last week, great driving position and cabin. It's crying out for a 2.2 or V6 HDI, ultimate tow barge.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 07:33 PM)allye Wrote: Mk3 golf GTI is no bench mark of performance! A 205 XS was quicker to 60 than the 8v golf!

I do love a good 405, had my first drive in a MI16 last week, great driving position and cabin. It's crying out for a 2.2 or V6 HDI, ultimate tow barge.

True the golf isn't fast but the only other thing I can compare it to is my bike ahaa...
I'll be sticking with the 1.9 for now but she has plenty more to give still [emoji4]
The car came with tow hitch already I just have to get a towing licence to suit
Thanks given by:
I'll just get another car... standard haha
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 08:15 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I'll just get another car... standard haha

I also did that, the 405 I started this thread with is gone
Thanks given by:
The second one looks much better, get the 'clones back on it

Oh and if you are considering a 2.1 lump definitely do it, they are all kinds of awesome
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2016, 08:19 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The second one looks much better, get the 'clones back on it

Oh and if you are considering a 2.1 lump definitely do it, they are all kinds of awesome

I had to leave the Cyclones in Wales Sad  so im sticking with these for now, I think im going to try get them powder coated black tho...
i will do some testing inside photoshop to see if its worth it or not 

Just going from flat diesel to turbo is awesome! i went in Bash's 2.1 a while ago and was mildly scared ahaa
Thanks given by:
This now has a cambelt as of tonight so he wont go snapping this one. Bottom pully was seized to crank. Broke it getting it off. Had a spare so that went on, may this have many days of boosting ahead of it trouble free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2016, 10:04 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: This now has a cambelt as of tonight so he wont go snapping this one. Bottom pully was seized to crank. Broke it getting it off. Had a spare so that went on, may this have many days of boosting ahead of it trouble free!

We also clipped those nasty wires off that stop you messing with the fuel pump.
Turned the fueling up half a turn and pulled that rod out so I can get wide open throttle [emoji106]
Put a, hopefully working, boost gauge in. but the backlight is the wrong colour ahaaa [Image: a8c976456de1b62175008904ef5ce7b6.jpg][Image: c193ba6eacb026225615f5365821f6a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good Smile time to play with the Bosch Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Okay so I got the boost gauge working, turns out someone had been a right tool and blanked the pipe off, I can't understand why?
Anyway, boosting at about 14psi
Pic of the plug that was causing all my
Problems [emoji106][Image: 6d142a70dc952cd3b497fe3be7f65a39.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Im breaking this now, if anyone wants anything send let me know. Cant post in the for sale section yet Sad
Thanks given by:
Hi again Doseph, would love the windscreen chrome trim top corners, or all of the windscreen chrome trim. but not got 100 posts so cannot pm you, Unclebeast.

but received your PM ok...which has baffled me how you can send PM and I cannot??? would still like the windscreen corner trims! can you PM some type of contact as im reluctant to post my details on open forum...TA!
Thanks given by: