My Nile 6' Project/Progress (New zorst vid pg.9)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Nile 6' Project/Progress (New zorst vid pg.9)
[Image: IMAG0581.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0582.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0583.jpg]

There you go, cheers Chris Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha ha that's crazy. The 2.5 I got my smooth bootlid from had c/coded ph 2 bumpers and crystals....yours has ph3 bumpers and black strip on bootlid and ph2 lights lol...parts bin specials lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
GTi-6s had the 'phase 3' bumpers throughout phase 2 Wink This is 100% phase 2.
Thanks given by:
No the Ph3 has the ph2 GTi front bumper Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
although Connor is being pedantic... He does talk some truth..
Thanks given by:
Moving swiftly on.. How much should i expect to pay (roughly) for a cambelt change? obviously tensioner and waterpump too..
Thanks given by:
Depends where you go. I know that a couple of years ago I paid £240 at CG cars for cambelt, waterpump, tensioners, aux belt. That was cash too. I believe Lynx is around the same.
Thanks given by:
That's not too bad then, any specific brand of kit people rate?
Thanks given by:
I believe Peugeot supply the Gates kit, but I'm having a continental kit fitted today. From what I've heard there isn't all that much difference, and either can be prone to snapping after around 30-35k. The recommended time is 36k on the GTi forum but personally, for peace of mind I aim for every 30k. I don't know how much you'll be driving it but it would take a few years for me to drive 30k in it so it'd need doing within that timeframe anyway Smile
Thanks given by:
What's the amount of years it's meant to be? Mines currently done about 16k since last belt change but that was a few years ago now
Thanks given by:
3-4 years, 36k recommended. Whichever is sooner Smile
Thanks given by:
It's been around 4 years now i think.. I'll get it done for peace of mind anyway...

Cheers mate Smile
Thanks given by:
No problem Smile Definitely worth it to be on the safe side! You don't want a snapper on your hands as a head rebuild is over £1k and changing the belt is cheaper than replacing the engine too
Thanks given by:
Yeah defo mate! This might sound stupid but as i haven't worked on a petrol in over 2 years I've forgotten what sort of stuff i'll need for a service..

Any plugs you recommend, what oil does she take?
Thanks given by:
I believe bosch super 4s are the ones to get Smile Not sure if you'll get extra bhpzzz out of them though lol

They take 10w40 semi-synth, though if you're hoping to look after the engine, fully synthetic oil is very good and much smoother. I used Silkolene fully-synthetic oil and could feel the change instantly (bearing in mind I service every 6k I'm fairly used to the different feel of the engine after a service, this was much more noticeable). It is more expensive though...I'm sure someone else (Ed maybe) will offer an alternative fully synth oil, but most brands will be good Smile

Also it's best to get an oil filter direct from Peugeot. Last time I checked they were no more than around £6-7 so about the same price as Halfords normal prices and you're getting a better quality filter.
Thanks given by:
That's fair enough tbh! I put 5w40 fully synth in the HDi, same stuff be alright in this? Agreed though, i think the type of oil you use makes a massive difference, last service on the HDi i used valvoline and it's lasted much much longer than the previous stuff which was comma i think
Thanks given by:
bit off the current subject but. You prob have the ultimate gti6 there in my eyes! Ph2.5 in nile blue FTW

Also they do recomend every 4 years for the cam my current on is 15years old on my gti Smile

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Woo car fwends lol

Cheers bud! 15 years?! How has it not snapped already lol
Thanks given by:
I'm all over the Gulf Competition like a bad rash, fully ester synthetic and a fairly good price, good amount of detergents..

Get that belt changed now!!! 15 years, it's going to snap!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Where do you get it from? Opie oils or is a motorfactor likely to stock it?
Thanks given by:
Gulf ftw, the only decent oil ive used so far not to spew from the vac pump haha.

And opie oils down the road ftw.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Gulf it is then!
Thanks given by:
Holy shit Jamie how can you even be willing to turn that car on?!

The Gulf is good stuff. I'll be going for Silkolene when I service mine though Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm using Valvoline Race spec stuff, seems decent enough.

also - Gates cambelt kits ftw! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I've used valvoline the last time on the HDi and i'm quite impressed, might see how much it is in comparison to the gulf competition.. that's around £42 for 5 litres
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Holy shit Jamie how can you even be willing to turn that car on?!

The Gulf is good stuff. I'll be going for Silkolene when I service mine though Wink

Im not driving it and im not starting either! Before i bought it it had been sat for 6-7 years. But dont worry it being done friday ready for combe on sat Smile

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
puglove Wrote:
Scott Wrote:Holy shit Jamie how can you even be willing to turn that car on?!

Im not driving it and im not starting either! Before i bought it it had been sat for 6-7 years. But dont worry it being done friday ready for combe on sat Smile

By any chance... Did you buy it from bristol??
Thanks given by:
How much for oil!? You need to get on the trade discount ma'boy! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I'll probably just go down mill, need to see how much they want for a throttle cable anyway
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:I'll probably just go down mill, need to see how much they want for a throttle cable anyway

Dont ask Niall to fit it lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project. mcglynn 139 67,786 31-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Allistairc123
  Nile blue dturbo project Tc306 17 6,975 16-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Tc306
  Small progress... laurence_13 23 8,638 10-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Last Post: 1616six