SRowell's Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8 V6 Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowell's Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8 V6 Turbo
surely it was £40 not £415?! there's a lot of open source forum tuning for these and volvo's on the o.e ecu's.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
its £415 for the cable, software and stage 1, S1A and then all the other maps. Its a one off payment for all the maps youll need for it including customisation where required. Tool also allows you to change the top speed... but i dont think i need more than 155mph!
Thanks given by:
fair enough if you're buying into a lifetime of mapping, pretty reasonable given that you can go back after you make some supporting mods ..etc and have unlimited support
Thanks given by:
Get a scan tool for her, that would tell you which cylinder the misfire was on, would save you the cost of 5 coil packs and the time to replace them. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
He's got a bluetooth OBD tool iirc. Welcome try mine next time I see you if you want though, it's always in the car lol!
Thanks given by:
Ive got the tool and the tool as part of the remap reads the ecu too. Problem is that the 2.8 rarely logs an error for misfires. Hence its normal to replace the back 3 and then swap them to the front.
Thanks given by:
Okay so bit of an update. Ordered some new oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, rear discs and pads. Also got 2x 5L screenwash seeing as they were £3.50 each.

[Image: IMG_20151203_183605_zpsiyiyraa8.jpg]

Fitted the oil yesterday with tom along with the air and oil filter. Fuel filter was changed recently anyway. We also fitted 3 new coil packs to the rear to solve the misfiring issues with the new map.

[Image: IMG_20151203_190135_zpsooaso9re.jpg]

After working on the car for two hours on the drive home this stone got stuck between the stone guard and then discs which was horrible. I didnt have a bar big enough to get the callipers off so tom came over and saved the day again.

[Image: IMG_20151205_170511_zpskhmziwxu.jpg]

Today i swapped some coil packs around and things didnt get much better so Ill have to replace the front ones. JZW Stage 1 Aggressive Map is 320bhp and 409ft/lbs which is a lot of fun.
Thanks given by:
After being out in this (very briefly as I'm a terrible passenger lol) I definitely agree the map is worth it!! Not sure I've been in anything that pins you back like that lol. Big Grin

Annoying that those coil packs didn't fix the misfire though! Confused
Thanks given by:
New coil packs reduced the misfire a lot. It was doing it in second on light acceleration but now only under load in 4th and above. ive just ordered 3 more coil packs from ECP so now they will all have been replaced.
Thanks given by:
Awesome.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
320 bhp that's insane have to come yours 1 dat when the weather's better and go for a drive Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Update! So after replacing the back 3 coil packs i tried to see if i could fit them to the front in a random order to see if i had 6 good ones. Turns out no so 3 more coilpacks bought and fitted and it runs like a dream. WOT now in 123 and no issues. WOT in 456 and clutch slip which is standard issue with a stock clutch. Looks like some careful driving is in order!
Thanks given by:
Update. Insurance renewed. Last year I paid something like £550. The renewal was £500. Confused with £150 excess (previously £250) and protected no claims was saying £485. Rang up and said can you match this with these additions. 5 minutes later. Yes thats £333.96! Thats a big saving for just bothering to ring up!
Thanks given by:
Nice one.

So can you run the aggressive map permanently now Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Looks lovely,nothing like having a big barge to waft around quickly and in comfort!
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2016, 01:23 AM)7057sam Wrote: Nice one.

So can you run the aggressive map permanently now Big Grin

apart from chronic clutch slip yep. Had a quote for clutch fitment at about £300 and i think the upgraded part itself is £780 so its about a grand to get it working properly.
Surprised an S14 in nottingham central. He was spitting 4 foot flames and didnt pull away that much.
Thanks given by:
£780 for a clutch!? Or is that an SMF conversion as well?
Thanks given by:
Not really much of an update. Id like to say that the clutch has bedded itself back in however im confused whether its wheel spin or clutch slip at around 3-3.5k in second. All of the torque steer and the tyres are probably on their way out so im going to go with wheel spin.

Last week the battery was getting slower and slower cranking the car. I always had jump leads in case but the start on the way to work i just knew that was the last start id get out of it. On the way out of the office i collared the new guy and sure enough it needed jump starting off his hire focus. I picked up colleagues and we went to ECP where i had reserved a battery earlier that day. Standard ECP discount brought it down to £68 which is pretty good. Its a Bosch S3 which I also have in the rallye. Choosing them as they seem to be cheap and also fairly decent. The S5 is definitely a waste of time. Car wouldnt start after getting to ECP so changed it in my suit outside. Colleagues thought i was going to electrocute myself and asked why i wasnt paying a man to do it.... shut up... 5 minutes later it was done and we were on our way! ECP man was very excited to tell me it could be the alternator and I could check... mhm yes yes yes no i havent checked but its definitely the battery... and no youre not going to sell me a multimeter. The battery is marked GM OEM so its definitely the original so its done well to last ten years. I then remembered I had my blutooth OBD reader, smashed that on and 14.4v so yeh... shut up ecp man.

It went through the car wash today which is probably the first time its been cleaned in at least 3 months. It was properly disgusting and work colleagues were getting dirty getting in and out of the car haha. Looks a lot better now and a reminder of how nice it actually is.

I also went through all the crap which had accumulated in the boot and probably only have 20% of what was in there which is the toolkit, jump leads and pump. Vacuumed hte boot, spare wheel compartment and then interior etc and also cleaned the inside of the windscreen as that was properly smeary and was making driving in sunny and night conditions a nightmare. Topped up the washer fluid, checked the oil and other fluids and its pretty perfect.

What has been pretty awesome is how much of a sleeper this car is. There was a S13 in Nottingham central that was popping flames and didnt expect the saab to keep up. Tonight surprised an Integra Type R and some random BMW who wasnt very happy to see me pulling away.

so yeh... things are all good in the saab camp. Smile
Thanks given by:
ah the saab camp what a lovely place to be

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I used to annoy so many BMWs in my 9-3 cabriolet, guess they expected a middle aged woman!

I am so jealous now, but can't have one till i've moved Sad
Thanks given by:
"Pay a man to do it" lol
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2016, 09:16 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: "Pay a man to do it" lol

I hope there was a witty answer to this like "Pay a man to do it? Pay a man to do it! I'm a man, I'll do it."
Thanks given by:
So after the hassle of finding a door cable it seems that they are possible to get hold of but just not advertised online. Most saab places should be able to order one in.

Previous discussions about finding the part here... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=33411

So yeh it turned up in the biggest box ever which almost rivals ECPs horrendous packaging.

[Image: IMG_20160329_122914_zpshorixmpx.jpg]

and then fitting it took all of about 10 minutes. Door handle off to reveal two T25 torx screws to be removed. Then screwdriver under the door card to get it off. Then simply clips in at both ends. Simples! Turns out my previous body of cable ties was good and it worked for 6 months, it was only the flimsy cable tie that had snapped.

[Image: IMG_20160329_191100_zpssvutcjbs.jpg]

Droplinks and top mounts next on the list along with rear discs. Then we should be all good as new... apart from the steering joint play...
Thanks given by:
you actually working on your own car Sam or is that Tom?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(30-03-2016, 09:48 AM)cully Wrote: you actually working on your own car Sam or is that Tom?

Ill have you know i was under the car and everything! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
good effort did you get dirty and all!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(30-03-2016, 10:46 AM)cully Wrote: good effort did you get dirty and all!

yeh had to put my hoodie in the wash and everything. Doing the 306 i got coolant in my mouth whilst connecting the lower joint haha.
Thanks given by:
Ive just done the steering joint on my old mans 93 for the exact same reason as yours Sam. They are so easy. No excuse not to fix it!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2016, 10:02 PM)Niall Wrote: Ive just done the steering joint on my old mans 93 for the exact same reason as yours Sam. They are so easy. No excuse not to fix it!!

Oh really? was there a guide anywhere? Dont know if its the same but its the one that goes through the bulkhead right? Where did you find the part? £150 odd was what i found on neo bros
Thanks given by:
He got his from Neo brothers for £120 I think it was. And do you really need a guide to remove a few bits of trim and two bolts? f*ck it, bring it to me and I'll do it one day for a hand job.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: