Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.
Ok fair enough.

No real first hand experience of these, and you lot go on about 55mpgeeez on your hdis so I assumed that would be a given on a younger more aero and lighter car!

At least its better than the completely gutless 1.9nad we had which struggled to do more than 40mpg!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
55mpg lmao dont listen to them lies they all make it up as they go along Wink
Thanks given by:
It's not lies.. we just don't drive with the right pedal welded to the floor Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
sounds about right, you'll only get more on long motorway journeys, I've had 53.5 from a 2.0 110 hdi C5 estate but that was a full tank of pure motorway at 56-60.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
55mpg isn't unusual. Over the various hdis I've had, from estates to 3drs, 100k to 270k, standard and mapped. Always end up between 50-55 mpg over a tankful.

You are right that keeping 70 with a heavier car will use a small amount more fuel...but tyen it also gives you more momentum to take through corners and at the bottom of hills... It won't make much difference real world. I didn't even get worse mpg tugging a trailer with a fully loaded estate lol.
Thanks given by:
Im getting 49mpg from the 2 times i have filled the tank on the estate. Im happy with that as theres not many long journeys i do
Thanks given by:
Exactly...so just a bit surprised for 5hours of cruising between 50-70 I only managed 54 Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
FAO: Cully and other 206 owners...

How crap are your washer jets?!? Both the green one and this one had blocked washers. I flushed the bottles and pipes, used a pin to clean the nozzles...still awful!!

I wonder if the mist jets would be good for it...but the "wrong" ones as the 206 bonnet sits differently
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
probably needs a new motor.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Theres no pressure issue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
later 206s have mist jets from factory...after 2003 i believe.
Thanks given by:
Ahhh good lad fishy!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What's the 206 like compared to the 306? Been contemplating selling mine for a 206 2.0 hdi
Thanks given by:
Erm.
I couldnt live with it.
Too girly.
Its fun mind. Both ones we've had inspire confidence with good turn in but lack overall front end and have a tendency to get the back out.
Very comfy on a long drive mind
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Every time I read a car review from Piggy its almost always 'too girly'...coming from a man that drives a moonstone. Tongue

I didn't find the 206 'girly' tbh, wasn't really big enough for me though, felt a bit claustrophobic but I like my space! Otherwise was pretty comfortable, loads of toys if you go for the right spec, nippier than a 306 HDi and cheaper to tax and insure.
Thanks given by:
Its SO girly...just look at it! Inside and out!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's a car, it's not really designed to put off 50% of potential buyers. Confused

If it was pink with eyelashes and Hello Kitty seat covers then I could understand. lol

Reminded me of a comment my Nan made the other day looking out the window - 'theres a woman out there driving a soft top Audi [TT], she shouldn't be driving an Audi, it's a mans car.' lmao
Thanks given by:
Rofl TT-mans car! Rofl

I cannot believe that the 206 was designed to appeal to men!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The base car is designed to appeal to as many people as possible lol. Then chose your colour/mods to make it girly/manly as appropriate lol.
Thanks given by:
The gti180 is far from girly.. Why would a girl want recaros? Lol
Thanks given by:
Coz they match her purse?!
The Gti is just a fast girly car...like the AuditTT or Porsche Boxstaaaa

(18-11-2014, 10:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The base car is designed to appeal to as many people as possible lol. Then chose your colour/mods to make it girly/manly as appropriate lol.

I have never seen a 206 speccd up to be manly...mainly I think coz it cant be!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I see what piggy means though, it does look quite 'girly' lol. My 306 needs a clutch and don't know if i should bother spending £300 odd on a car when thats 50% of whats its worth.
The main thing about the 206 for me is 3 3-point seatbelts in the rear, i dont really feel comfortable having a 3rd passenger using a lapbelt. BUT, i do have 2 kids, the 306 can fit 2 car seats pretty easily in the back. Choices choices lol
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 11:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: Coz they match her purse?!
The Gti is just a fast girly car...like the AuditTT or Porsche Boxstaaaa

(18-11-2014, 10:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The base car is designed to appeal to as many people as possible lol. Then chose your colour/mods to make it girly/manly as appropriate lol.

I have never seen a 206 speccd up to be manly...mainly I think coz it cant be!

You need to go to more chav cruises... lol

I'd also say that something like a black GTi180 looks 'manly' enough tbh.
Thanks given by:
Chav cruises and manly dont mix in my mind.

(18-11-2014, 11:37 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I see what piggy means though, it does look quite 'girly' lol. My 306 needs a clutch and don't know if i should bother spending £300 odd on a car when thats 50% of whats its worth.
The main thing about the 206 for me is 3 3-point seatbelts in the rear, i dont really feel comfortable having a 3rd passenger using a lapbelt. BUT, i do have 2 kids, the 306 can fit 2 car seats pretty easily in the back. Choices choices lol

You will struggle to get two kids seats AND a third person in a 206. And fyi, some 206s came with lap belt

Can you not do the clutch yaself?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 12:09 AM)Piggy Wrote: Chav cruises and manly dont mix in my mind.

(18-11-2014, 11:37 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I see what piggy means though, it does look quite 'girly' lol. My 306 needs a clutch and don't know if i should bother spending £300 odd on a car when thats 50% of whats its worth.

You will struggle to get two kids seats AND a third person in a 206. And fyi, some 206s came with lap belt

Can you not do the clutch yaself?!

I've only just started my level 2 course and they're not teaching us transmission until the end of the course, i wouldn't even know where to begin and would rather pay my mate £90 labour, but then the price of a clutch/cable/seals/fluid etc drives up costs to over £200

Is the rear noticably smaller than a 306 then? I was thinking of going to see one at a local trader's and test fit the baby seats
Thanks given by:
You doing an apprenticeship??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 12:24 AM)Piggy Wrote: You doing an apprenticeship??

No, i decided to go back to college and do a level 2 course. Hoping to move over to a motorsport course next year.
I'm familiar with stripping interiors and panels etc but wanted to learn more about the mechanical side.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthr...t=18537032

Just found that thread on google, some major hate for the 206 Confused
Thanks given by:
What is a 'manly' car then, Piggy? Except a monster truck... lol

The rear is very noticeably smaller than a 306 yeah, as is the front...it's alright if you don't mind accidentally touching the passenger now and then. lol

Lol at that forum...probably not the best one to take car advice from! They do have some good points though, the driving position is terrible, and if you have reasonably sized feet the steering column catches your shoe with the clutch down. That's if you can get the clutch without the brake as well. But that's a problem with all small Peugeots! The 207 pedal set is still just as bad...
Thanks given by:
Better for long distance than the 306 imo, at least your right foot isnt at a stupid angle holding the throttle.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 11:30 AM)Piggy Wrote: Better for long distance than the 306 imo, at least your right foot isnt at a stupid angle holding the throttle.

Omg yeah! I thought that was just me, so annoying
Thanks given by: