Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.
at least it works piggy who gives a monkeys, you want to see the welding I did with my gta, and it still lasted to the day I binned the shell!
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2016, 09:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: No...ripped old one off...put "new" in position. Welded it in position with a slingshot from a distance.

Works.

Win.

/Thread

EFA  Rofl

Looking good otherwise!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

#becauseracecar
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ignition switch is an easy fix but a £1 switch was quicker and cheaper right?
Thanks given by:
blast off button
Thanks given by:
MOT passed today...
Only due on 26th March lmao

Only advisories were tank strap corrosion and rear offside axle bush, the rubber bit. But still got the gti one to go on.

All good for 12mths
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So mrs piggy and I havn't cleaned the car in/out for months and I have never polished or waxed it...

So gave it some love...

Used some Autoglym tar remover...despite its reviews it sucks...so the petrol came out. Used some simonz black trim restorer and some megs polish and carnuba wax.

The car is in shock.

Mrs Piggy gave the inside a spring clean too.

In other news...need an ignition barrel
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A lot of the Autoglym stuff isn't as good as all the hype tbh. I use other brands for most stuff now.

The 206 looks good though!
Thanks given by:
Autoglym Intensive Tar remover is one of if not the best thing that they make.
There is a knack to it, you need to soak it putting on a heavy coat with a rag and leave it for a minute then rub out the spots frequently changing to a clean part of the cloth and applying a fair dose of the stuff. It's certainly better than petrol in my experience.
Thanks given by:
Haha...petrol was wipe on, wipe off.
The autoglym stuff was seriously hard work.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This is just chugging along... 130k ticked over now.

Had a bump in town...was parked up, someone else bumped it. Going through insurance now. Will use mickey and give it few bob more to sort the crease out on the n/s. Tidy the old gal up a bit.

The 6yr old osram nightbreakers gave up...so £13 later and a new set of nightbreakers "unlimited" whent in this evening and a replacement o/s/r light unit as old was kept getting damp and was dim. Thanks brad for that.

Replaced broken tow plug too.

Trying to tidy it up a bit.

Helix clutch next.
Then fmic time...
Should really sort a gti rear beam too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Doh. Not what was needed.
Pull into fuel station. Fill up. Pay. Hit the go button, bam. Lights out.
Push it away. Start checking stuff...
Get ignition sometimes, other times not, faded lights. Clicks.
Battery not all that old. Connections good and indicator is green.
Assume barrel is defo dead. But i'm in a suit, with wife in dress, an hour from home.

Recovery time.

1hr 50min later. He arrives.

Battery is dead. The indicator is kind of blown/cracked...so assume a cell went pop in the second I turned ignition on.

£74.99 later...I'm away. Ouchy.  Doh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
are those hid's sucking too much juice?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2016, 08:49 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: are those hid's sucking too much juice?

I don't run hateful hids!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Think he meant HDI's didnt you magenta... thank me later for covering your ass lol
Thanks given by:
No indication of the battery giving up before now? Very strange that it should just give up like that, might want to look for a cause - alternator charging ok, earths and power cables good?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-08-2016, 06:14 AM)Poodle Wrote: No indication of the battery giving up before now? Very strange that it should just give up like that, might want to look for a cause - alternator charging ok, earths and power cables good?

Yeah, random, no battery issues at all...only thing is ignition barrel being on last legs so need to do that this week
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm sure that ignition barrel has been dodgy for 6 months now!? lol
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2016, 08:12 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm sure that ignition barrel has been dodgy for 6 months now!? lol

Pretty much lol

Had the replacement since Pugfest sat on the shelf...

But y'know...

#ratherworkonsomethingfun
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So insurance have written this off. Cat D.
But its very cheap buy back and not a bad price given so...guna take that and get it repaired at mickeys and get ding which was there when we bought it done too...

Or it all goes on Kev! Lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2016, 06:34 PM)MY95 Wrote: Think he meant HDI's didnt you magenta... thank me later for covering your ass lol

spandex or leather? Angel Angel
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
give adam a shout if you want bits, he found more rust on that 206 he bought...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2016, 04:36 PM)welshpug Wrote: give adam a shout if you want bits, he found more rust on that 206 he bought...

Yeah he has messaged on Piggypower... Trying to match up who Adam is though now lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This poor thing keeps getting bashed....

So need a bonnet now. Was tempted by an identical spec but clean/dent free 206 in glocs for part reshell couple weeks back...even more tempting now. Pfft. Flipping things.

Put a new bottom pulley on this evening...old one was beginning to do a worrying rattle

Also due a service end of this week...cant believe done another 10k in it.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's great that the old girl is still motoring on, amazing what they'll do with sensible maintenance.
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2016, 10:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: It's great that the old girl is still motoring on, amazing what they'll do with sensible maintenance.

I need to check but think we've done 40k in it now. Only breakdown being a puncture and the battery.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2016, 10:26 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(26-12-2016, 10:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: It's great that the old girl is still motoring on, amazing what they'll do with sensible maintenance.

I need to check but think we've done 40k in it now. Only breakdown being a puncture and the battery.

is this a pre CAN version like our 206
we have had ours now for 5 years and like you say
regular oil filters a battery, droplinks,wishbone and an exhaust not an expensive car to run at all to run
and still going strong

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yup early one. I've contacted the one in Glocs. May make a cheeky offer.
Do a swap over of all the good bits and flog this one cheap.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just sums up my ruddy week.

Hit n run in carpark
 Driver even had the decency to get out, rub the dent and then drive off.

I'd show you the dent in the 206 but the uploader still doesnt work.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This was written off...again...by a roof. landing on the roof. Yup.

Thing is so tatty now its a joke.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: