My Project nad to td 405

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Project nad to td 405
[attachment=29819][attachment=29819][attachment=29819]The Project..."Lobboost!" 

well it was his fault!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks like its in pretty good nick Smile good work
Thanks given by:
Dod this use to be a nad then or did you just buy another??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It was a 56000miles from new nad running on 100% waste oil with a bosch NAD pump (which I have still got) hg had started to fail, but didnt brew up...I got a 70000+ mile XUD9TE engine (bosch) out of a breaker 405 saloon with all the s/h and over a period got new and used parts off ebay, mainly LCS Louth who have lots of oem stuff at great prices, been in the scrapyards too...and had the old waxoyl baptism underneath and in the sills. did cam belt and gave bay a good clean, had to mess with one driveshaft as it wasnt a straight swop, new discs pads, rear handbrake cables, complete good s/h exhaust of the wider bore...And from yesterday shes on the road. I have been driving nad 405`s for about 15 years...always wanted a low mileage 405 estate with more power, hard to find at sensible prices...so did it the fun way... I just think the 405 estate is my perfect car....It just looks right and is practical...and has no ecu,dpf,etc...MECHANICAL! And now it has the one missing ingredient...LOL!
First impressions are its plenty fast enough without anything touching...but you know...never say never...
The 405 rolling chassis is the poverty spec "style" so its lighter and a potential "Sleeper"...which are my favourite projects on here....Ive already shocked a tailgating Ford bullying me last night....maybe just needs a tad of coal and boost....
Thanks given by:
Nicely done, I'd really like one of these, nice colour too.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

The 464 on bonnet is what I came up with when I burned through the paint trying to buff out a deep scratch with a dremel (FAIL) Paul Baldwin will twig this instantly!
Thanks given by:
I was wondering about that 464 was about lol
ahh this makes me miss driving a 405
Thanks given by:
Smile 
In 1988 the peugeot 405 got 464 votes for the european car of the year...no car in the history of this accolade has ever got as high a vote, before or since...So I like to think its simply the best...better than all the rest...Takes your breath away....(That`ll be the off boost fumes!)
Thanks given by:
Another one getting a bit of love Smile Looks like that one has survived pretty well over the years!
Thanks given by:
But you Paul have the saloon!!!

A most attractive option...

If you ever tire of her...Do let me know.
Thanks given by:
No plans to get shot just yet but I'll keep that in mind Smile Styling wise it's pretty easy to spot in a car park, getting a bit retro now?
Thanks given by:
Yes, at my age it saves lots of time in the supermarket car park...wandering to and fro....once lost a car totally in one of the Trafford Centre car parks at Christmas!
retro yes...but quicker than it looks!

Beemers are ten a penny these days...all those failing turbos and dual mass bills ahead......LOL!
Thanks given by:
Yes, they go ok with a tweak on the turbo and pump, I've resisted doing anything to mine as yet. Being poverty spec will make a difference too I'm sure. If you want one with a few more goodies you'll have to keep a look out for an Executive TD, there's still about 110 all in according to the how many left site. I found mine on the Autotrader, many, many people seem to have totally forgotten about it and only check Ebay.
Thanks given by:
I had an 405 executive TD saloon Paul, low mileage, ABS, leather seats... rear ended at a red light pelican crossing.
I have resisted altering mine too Paul...due to insurance considerations. 

Heres one who has forgotten autotrader ...will take that onboard....need a passenger side front lock mechanism at the mo....will not open from inside...
Thanks given by:
I can get the lock mech for you as well as the chrome if you wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
yes please Doseph. I had it apart today and somehow managed to jam the lock, It will open from outside but no matter what |I do not on the inside handle, which seems to be working as it should but the lever seems to pull down the central locking pulley. and the mounting plate seems to move a little

I believe the lock mech is not the easiest to get out...haynes talks about fabricating a tool?

The lock, inside and outside handles and all the rods etc would be Superb  mine is originally a style 405 nad (P656BVJ).

If you can pm me a form of contact I will use it to send all my details as I cannot PM....Thank you.
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2017, 04:51 PM)unclebeast Wrote: yes please Doseph. I had it apart today and somehow managed to jam the lock, It will open from outside but no matter what |I do not on the inside handle, which seems to be working as it should but the lever seems to pull down the central locking pulley. and the mounting plate seems to move a little

I believe the lock mech is not the easiest to get out...haynes talks about fabricating a tool?

The lock, inside and outside handles and all the rods etc would be Superb  mine is originally a style 405 nad (P656BVJ).

If you can pm me a form of contact I will use it to send all my details as I cannot PM....Thank you.

sent you a pm with details :Smile

i will just rip the door off if i have to, the car is getting scrapped after all
Thanks given by:
I love it. I had a 1993 black non turbo estate. I put Gentry wheels on it for 40 quid . Loaded it with rubble and building gear, kids,shopping,fishing stuff. Drove it for work all the time and it never let me down. Went to Wales once and got 57mpg. My mates said Punch it Chewie every time I changed down! Best car I ever had.
Thanks given by:
Hi Kevin, if you look at second picture you will see my "spare" 405 nad estate....I found that by shortshifting even that gets along as the torque is quite low down....

Its my Insurance against any Head gasket/cooling issues on the project TD...

So Reliable.....
Thanks given by:
A few more posts and you'll be able to pm if I remember correctly?

I think the nad's are the way to go if you want true reliability. My mums 306 is on 260+K now and I've had a 405 with over 250K on it which was still going great when I sold it.
Thanks given by:
Ive spoiled her (the nad)...oil every 5000, oil filter and air  castrol 10w40, just over 80000 miles now and 3 timing belts so far...Im what some would say OCD with service-ing...but the lacquer is just starting to peel a bit and signs of surface rust at the one place they go...rear doors bottom corner of sills...
As for the TD well every few days Im checking rad water level as I have a tiny drip on the plastic connector below the diesel filter, light rusty water stain on the starter solenoid gave it away, I wonder if the gasket is available?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like your thermostat gasket.
i ahev this problem too, I got a new thermostat from eurocarparts but it didnt seal properly so i would say call up Peugeot and get a new thermostat from them which should come with gasket
should be part no 1338 23 i think, im sure someone more knowledgeable can confirm
Thanks given by:
ECP give you an O ring with a thermostat for the XUD which doesn't seal.

You can buy the actual seal that goes around the outer lip of the thermostat from Peugeot still as i did this on mine.
Thanks given by:
mr_fish have you a part number please, because the one you describe is the one I need....The last thing I need is coolant level dropping on a TD (ahem! head gaskets)
I have already got some grief with the contact slip ring* under the air bag as it is...

or is it "clock spring*"
Thanks given by:
1340 48 - £1.72 from Peugeot

Thanks given by:
Many Thanks indeed!!!
Job Done...put some Bossil Blue RTV on as well!
Thanks given by:
Can anyone run through the symptoms (and how to be completely sure) that the Cylinder Head Gasket is failing, I took off the thermostat cover to attend to a drip, fitted an oem rubber seal, used some gasket sealer, left 24 hours to set, topped up the water/coolant mix and went out for a short run then had to put 2 litres of coolant in, today I have run up the car whilst bleeding /squeezing the hoses but I am concerned that I have messed up...to compound this feeling The air bag clock spring has failed and keeps blowing number two fuse (5amp) which also takes out the coolant temperature guage...adding to the uncertainty ...my project dream is turning into a nightmare.

With the rad cap off I cant see bubbles with engine revving, nor is the coolant blasting out, nor is there water blowing out of the back, the heater matrix is getting hot and it hasnt got that giveaway smell, "scalding rust?"
Thanks given by: