306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Front fog wiring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya guys, after a bit of info so that when im back from my current race meet i can jump straight into the 306 and take her to pieces.

What im after trying to find out is, on a poverty spec 306 is the fog light wiring for the relay hidden behind the dash somewhere or do i need to make my own relay loom up?

Cheers
i would have thought the loom would all be there and it was just a matter of plugging everything in :/
^thats what id figure.

have a root around, theere might be one tucked up in the dash wrapped in foam if its not just a blank one there.

once you've found a blank one, have a look in the haynes to see what numbers should be on the wires at the back of the relay plug
good luck seeing any numbers! Whilst youre down there you may as well find the second unused horn connector and fit that!
Yeah there's just a couple of hanging wires ready to fit them, did it on the sedan
I did mine on the xrdt, there is a yellow empty relay socket under the fuse box and the blue fog light connectors were cable tied up into the wheel arch, connect up and done!
Arrggghhhh im going mad with this, ive got most of the dash out looking to see if peugeot put the fog relay wiring tucked out the way, and i can find it.
All ive managed to find is some empty connector blocks that may surggest an extra plug and play loom, Can anyone shed any light on this for me please before i lose it and leave the car dumped on the driveway and start using my landy or laguna again
ph3 fog light relay is in the fusebox on the n/s inerwing under the bonnet Wink
I'm guessing its a phase 1 since all p3s came with fogs (apart from the rallye)
phase 2 poverty spec
I don't think it would come with anyof the wiring. I had to make up my own relay on one before
Ok we both failed! Lol
Being ph2 you'll have the fag lighter next to the hazard switch yeah?
There should be wiring already behind the bumper to plug and play then the fogs will work on a non poverty spec indicator stalk?
Nope. The plugs will be behind the bumper. But there will be no wires/relay for it in the dash loom. Put a stalk in that has got both fogs and check there is power coming out of the back when they are switched on, most likely it will be a slot in the plug with no wire connected
You sure?
Surely they just put a loom in and if it requires fogs they plug them in, if not leave it.
I've put fogs in 2 pov spec cars now (406td and my old sedan) well my dad did the sedan but the 406 literally plugged in and worked with a new stalk.
Well mine did not have any wiring, relay or bulb in the clocks. But it did have the plugs behind the bumper
Odd! Hmmm looks like a ball ache of a job then tbh!
Just bolt them in and don't wire them up, let's be honest how often do you use them anyway?
Can't wait to sack mine off!
MOT in a week so either ill make some wiring for the relay if i cant find it or take em out
Swap the stalk to a gti spec one and connect the fogs to the blue plugs -should be a 5 pin green relay under the steering column that you need to install. though I would check how many wires you have coming off the plugs that go on the lighting stalk before buying a replacement just in case pug didn't put them in to start with. I have taken pics of my Haynes manual with the wire nos so you should be able to trace them as all pug wires have a number on them somewhere near termination also took picture of the key to items
[Image: 8ymaba8u.jpg]
[Image: ge4u9ura.jpg]
cheers for the wiring diagrams, ive got all the wiring execpt the main loom/relay (engine loom wiring for fogs, stalk with the right amount of wires coming off it and the 30 fuse box), im either losing it as if the wiring there somewhere should be the connector for the relay even if its hidden
Have you dropped the fusebox out and put your hand up inside to have a fish around for a connector that's not doing anything?
had the dash forward and spent 20mins looking round, theres a few empty plugs but ill have to check if they have the same wiring needed for the relay
Wire codes should be the give away bud - though a torch/headlamp and magnifying glass may be needed lol